Thread: fair price for adi brakes.

fair price for adi brakes.

Ok guys I never vould use my adi brakes from day one on my icon. So I am going to be selling them. They have everything for them. Even the sprocket you press into spinergy rims. Everything is in new condition. Althou I am very uncertain on what to price them at ad I paid $1,200. For them. I need some help.

When I don't know the price of something like this, I usually put it on ebay with a reserve. If it never hits the reserve then I either decide to lower it and place it again or in some cases just keep it. Mobility stuff is weird. I had surlock brakes that didn't reach 50 bucks and CF sideguards that went for almost as much as I paid for them new.

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    Ok guys I never vould use my adi brakes from day one on my icon. So I am going to be selling them. They have everything for them. Even the sprocket you press into spinergy rims. Everything is in new condition. Althou I am very uncertain on what to price them at ad I paid $1,200. For them. I need some help.

Well since I have such a low seat height I got d's locks. The adi brakes are useless to me. So I would rather sell them then keep them. Sad because I really wanted them. But I need to keep my chair as low to the ground as possible. You know. Oh well. Guess ill post them in the equipment section

We considered paying $800-900 for them, slightly used, but decided against them. I would do what t8burst suggested, and put them on e-Bay with a bid. I would also put them in the Equipment & Services forum with a link to the e-Bay advert. Timing is everything, and if you are not in a hurry, you will probably get some takers. Our biggest issues came down to the camber tube modifications, and you may need to sell your camber tube with them too so that they can be used. Be very clear in your advert what you are selling, and you will save a lot of time. For example, if you are selling the modified camber tube, be clear about the width.

N.B. I just saw that you posted them randomryan007. I think that is a good price at $600.
    Last edited by elarson; 05-27-2014 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Oops, fixed names.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

so does the ADI disc hit the bottom of your seat? if you get them to work they are an awesome setup, much nicer than D's. Did you contact ADI, nothing they could do for you, say a smaller diameter disc?

I did contact adi. And they didnt have a smaller diameter disk. And because my icon shock compresses they would hit my seat pan. If I rails the seat then I am not getting proper propulsion. If I push my rims out some then its too my front seat is 17in hight rear is 153in high. Bigger rims is not an option. My wheels are spinergy spox with schawlbe airborne. And surge hand rims. I give up. I just got d's locks and called it a day. Its all good. I'll deal with it and hope for the best.