Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: low blood pressure

low blood pressure

hey guys,
    so something weird has been going on. since last night my blood pressure as been falling. last night it fell to 75/40, ad stayed there for quite a while. after about an hour of laying down with my feet propped up it came back up to around 100/60. but as soon as i propped up in bed a bit it fell back down to 80//50. during this i felt miserable. my head had a weird kind of pain, my face felt super weird, and i could barely ove my right arm. my arm felt heavy and had aweird pain in it, and my wrist felt super weird, it just felt weird and hard to use.

now again this morning my bp is low around 90/60, and my head feels super weird, like heavy and painful. my arm is ok though.
    even when my bp does stabalize my feels terrible.

my normal bp in bed is usually 120/70(80).
    the only time i have low bp is when i stand in therapy.
    any idea whats wrong?
    vaibhav

90/60 would be high for me. Low blood pressure is common among SCIs. Are you taking any medication for it and/or wearing a binder?

hey,
    yes i do realize quads run low blood pressure. but my normal pressure even while seated is 110/70. i do wear a binder but not while in bed. but i was worried cause this happened while i was in bed, and the other symptoms are the things worrying me. even now my head feels like shit.
    vaibhav

There are a number of things that could be going on. Things like being dehydrated, being too warm, developing medical problems such as infections, and changes in medication. Any thing that stresses you can make you more susceptible to hypotension.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

ok so it started again. it was fine during the day but it has gone down to 80/50 from 110/70. i dont know if this is related but ihave been having issues with my eye sight since yesterday. everything is hazzy, eyes feel small, reading is hard, and i really need to really stress while reading. and still have that headache
    please help.
    vaibhav

You need to see your provider. I am assuming you are drinking plenty of fluids?? Do you have medication for raising your blood pressure? Blurry vision and a headache can be symptomatic of a low blood pressure, as can dizziness, and even nausea and vomiting.

(KLD)

I would see your provider as soon as possible. If everything is wrong is on one side except the headache feeling you may be having transient ischemic attacks. TIAs are warning signs of a possible upcoming stroke. Normally this happens with blood pressure going up not down but I would ask about it along with the things KLD suggested.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

hey
    so the bp is better today. no issues so far. but to answer some of the questions
    no i donot have any medication to raise my bp, never really needed them. yes my liquid intake is good but i think something is up with y bladder.
    now the issue with the eye sight is a little worrying. because my vision keeps fucking up, even when my bp is ok. it gets all out of focus, kinda squinty.
    and to top it all off my wheelchair has a flat tyre and im stuff in bed because of it, so no theapy either.
    not too happy with my bowel either.
    things are spiraling
    vaibhav

You need to see your physician. Have you called for an appointment? If they can't see you this week, you need to go to the ER. Is the vision change in both eyes or just one? In all fields? Do you have any problems moving your eyeballs? Any facial weakness?

Sue, you can have a stroke from a blood pressure that is too low. This is called a watershed stroke, and can happen in the cord as well as the brain. I have a patient on my unit right now that got his SCI due to a spinal watershed stroke during abdominal surgery when his blood pressure dropped dangerously low and it took them a while to get it back up.

(KLD)

ok things r weird. im have signs of AD like bad headache and feeling like myy backs all wet from sweating(its not wet, not sweating). but my bp fell down to 75/45 again. and im in bed not even seated