Thread: Increase range?

Increase range?

Does anyone have any good ideas on how to increase muscular range for particular exercise? I assuming may need to use arms initially because at same time will need to build strength.

Quote Originally Posted by kashufi View Post
    I think first of all you should tell us about your injury.. do you have any injury or any health problem than we will able to suggest you any exercise to build muscles
    I would say the same to you. The OP has a very complete profile which you can review, and is a well known member of these forums. We know nothing about you, including if you actually have a SCI, and if so, what level, completeness, where you live, etc. etc.

(KLD)

If you are talking about increasing range of movement in your legs, be gemtle. I broke one once, trying to make it go where it didn't want to.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Does anyone have any good ideas on how to increase muscular range for particular exercise? I assuming may need to use arms initially because at same time will need to build strength.
    Rim - I don't understand your question. Do you mean passive range of motion (ROM)? Or do you mean Active ROM? - that requires not being paralyzed. Do you mean stretching?
    I feel like you are asking how not to be paralyzed… That can't be what you are asking.

For information regarding injury, , please read About Me. Regarding movement, I have movement in both legs all the way to the tips of my toes. Why? I do not understand the definition of the Incomplete I am said to be with the movement I am doing. Things do not match. I continually ad more and more and more, piece-by-piece approach. I swear tons of these issues are visual not physical. I am convinced eyes are sending incorrect data to brain. The only data the eyes have is how we worked when not injured. We never learned, growing up, how to make things work when injured. The ROM, I am now beginning to move right leg laterally on demand if I lay down and exercise. I can stand on my toes with the use of arms for balance. Balance is pretty complicated, but for everything we are abler to do, there must also be a negative occurring at the same time. This equals balance.

I have gotten tons of things working simply by first lying on bed, close eyes and see if I can even think my way through something. I don't take approach try walk with left leg. I do take the approach what are all the things my upper body, above waist, must be setup properly before I even attempt to move that leg.

I am not asking how not to be paralyzed. I do a ton of daily massaging, stretching and even moving the things using my hands. This got a ton of things working.