Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Needed! Sudden unexplained Autonomic Dysreflexia- need Dr. Wise/Nurse or Advise

Just to clarify, you are not yet in menopause, correct? To be in menopause, you have to have not had a period for 24 months. You may be peri-menopausal if you are starting to have irregular or skipped periods, but your physician would need to confirm this. Many women have painful periods (cramping, etc.) during their peri-menopausal time, and may find that the few periods they do have are very heavy. What is your sensory level? The uterus is innervated at T10. You mentioned you were late for your period. Did it start yet?

(KLD)

Hi again KLD.

I am c 6-7 incomplete so I have hand function...no core.

I still have no period.

Motrin helped the goose pimples when i move, but till feel waist down strange sensations. Bp was down to 97 / 88

I did not do ct with contrast...do you think that should be done?
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

I would want some more studies done to your pelvic area, including the uterus. For example, you could have a ovarian cyst, fibroids, low grade PID, or other cause of possible pelvic "pain". Have you seen a good GYN for a work-up of these issues??

(KLD)

I was thinking ovarian cyst too. They can grow and you don't know until suddenly, if your AB, you might have big UTI symptoms. It's hit a few friends. All so far have been benign but one friend went from fine to needing to pee every 10 seconds and pain. Turned out hers was the size of a lemon. That could cause sudden nasty AD.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I would want some more studies done to your pelvic area, including the uterus. For example, you could have a ovarian cyst, fibroids, low grade PID, or other cause of possible pelvic "pain". Have you seen a good GYN for a work-up of these issues??

(KLD)

I have an appt on Tuesday with GYN..so I will bring these test/possible issues up..

Still no period. weird. still goose pimples when I move, especially in morning...taking Ibruprofin seems to help... gets better as day goes on...wondering if I am just not sore from new seating/chair.

How long does it take your body to adjust to new wheelchair break in..??
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

A year later I am still adjusting to my new seating system. But then mine includes cut outs in the hard part of the Jay cushion so I sit with my hips straighter and the new back has stabilizers for side support. Getting older in a chair is not for sissies. My left side is stronger in most areas than my right so I tended to lean to the left causing scoliosis. This works fairly well in my power chair but I just ordered a plain back for my manual chair. I can't move around in it with the side stabilizers and that caused some pressure spots over a two week trip. Since that travel is mainly for travel I'd rather have to concentrate on how I am sitting and not worry about getting a sore. But yes, even in the power chair and tilt I still get rather sore after a long day up.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

http://pushliving.com/index.php/life...ic-dysreflexia

I wrote this for my webpage to help educate others on the issue. Please like and share if you feel it has value. If I made any mistakes, let me know and I can change.

I Figured something productive needed to come out of this experience.

No more episodes...just goose pimples in legs with movement...motrin only for now...until more tests.

thanks everyone who responded.

Did you ever figure out what was causing the AD? I am having VERY similar symptoms.