Thread: Here is a good technique for Floor to chair transfers.

Here is a good technique for Floor to chair transfers.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...=video_comment This is a friend of mine demonstrating how he gets in his chair from the floor.

I've always faced my chair and got up on my knees and pushed and twisted. This looks more easy if I'm able to do it, still have not tried. Should be interesting.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Doesn't click right:
    "The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page."
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Sorry about that, looks like I had the settings wrong, changed them, should work now, if not this link should work. https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/...42&oe=537D7D22
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Nice and smooth, he didn't even set his brakes.
    I have too much permanent arm paralysis for either method. I try to find something I can get enough height to raise my knees about 6 inches and then hook my leg on the chair to lever myself up enough that my arms can help me up enough to slide on.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

crazy long monkey arms too... must of been injured quite young to develop them. Curt have you tried without the cushion on your chair? The couple extra inches make a lot of difference. Then you just have to transfer onto something else and put your cushion on.

Always remember the "head/hip correlation" - the lower your head goes the higher your hips do.

And, practice makes perfect. But as grampaSCI would tell us "S.O.S." - save our shoulders! Develop those traps and delts before forcing the issue. Most guys I know with shoulder issues tell me its the big transfers that did them in.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    crazy long monkey arms too... must of been injured quite young to develop them. Curt have you tried without the cushion on your chair? The couple extra inches make a lot of difference. Then you just have to transfer onto something else and put your cushion on.

Always remember the "head/hip correlation" - the lower your head goes the higher your hips do.

And, practice makes perfect. But as grampaSCI would tell us "S.O.S." - save our shoulders! Develop those traps and delts before forcing the issue. Most guys I know with shoulder issues tell me its the big transfers that did them in.
    Yes I agree, don't want to stress out the shoulders too bad. Regularly what I do is put the cushion upside down under my knees and face the chair kneeling upright and then push with my arms on either side of the chair and twist at the same time into the seat of the chair, then pick up my cushion and shove it under myself after. I really don't think I'll be able to do it with way Owen does it in this video, I am just not light and limber enough. He has been a para think T9 for around 8 years now. He gives me a run for my money on the Tennis courts and has got a lot better the last year or so. He is very athletic and was a hockey player before he got injured.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I do this and actually standing from here. I cannot hear so not sure if anything is said. 1 thing I learned is you must get your trunk into correct position. My upper body must also be in correct position.

nice
    c6/7 incomplete 6/30/07

whats that smell? its me, cause im the shit.

если я сейчас умру то нахуй я родился