Thread: Banding pain

Banding pain

Ever since my neck injury just over 2 years ago, I've had this intense band of pain that now feels like it's getting worse. I describe it to my physiatrist as wearing a sports bra 5 sizes to small - feels like my ribs & chest are being squeezed. He says it's nerve pain and that the cymbalta I'm on for burning in legs/feet should be helping. Can't take neurontin or gabapentin...both made me crazy depressed with wicked mood swings.

any suggestions for the banding pain? Having to wear a bra only makes it worse, but not an option to go without. Many nights I lay one gel ice packs to try to numb/freeze away the pain.

Do a search using "banding" and pain on the forums and you should get quite a few hits. Banding is especially reported by those with TM.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.