Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Suicide

What's up, Ket ? Not trying to hijack this thread (I apologize if I am in any way) or whatever but weren't you some sort of special forces sniper of some sort or something like that you were telling me a long time ago if I remember correctly ? I just wanted to say thank you again man for all that you did. That's some pretty bad*ss stuff.

I was an 8541 (70s scout sniper designation) , spec ops, attached to airborne the rest gets very complicated. love my country, proud to have served. worked Europe east/west and s.e. asia. no badass just an extremely efficient tool, close up and personal or from 1000 meters away. thanks for the kind thought.

ket
    Last edited by ketamine kitty; 05-24-2014 at 10:21 AM. Reason: removed improper content

Quote Originally Posted by ketamine kitty View Post
    you never held your tongue but have pissed and moaned at every attempt to reach out orvhelp you you may have been a tough mother but face what you are. and seal? mental discipline may be the most important component, something i see lacking in all your posts. no worries i'll not respond to you again

ket
    I always hold my tongue on what I think of and value from the life of a cripple. Someone comes to me and says they want to die, or hate being a cripple I always give them some type of encouragement even though I see none, and yes I commiserate with them as well.

You still feel the need to comment on my pissing and moaning, I thought I did that in description of my explicit hatred and disgust from doing that in my post, but whatever. You also did mention that killing yourself was the cowards way out (pussied) that's hysterical, I have nothing to say that matter other then if it was that cowardly a lot of people would already be gone, myself included. And as I describe the going did not get tough for him, this really isn't a tough life to live disabled, it's miserable, most importantly degrading and at time a little to extremely painful mostly because it's usually a constant pain. But It's not tough. As a military man you should realize that a tough life even though it was only a certain amount of years, but the boys in the trenches in World War II, foot rotten away from trench foot, dead bodies everywhere, friends dying in the blink of an eye, disease, death everywhere that's a tough life, then live with that shit afterwards if you survived. I don't know Clayton but I would assume he didn't kill himself because he was facing adversity, or extreme difficulty, but more along the lines he didn't want to face indignity and degrading constant aid, oh wait just realized he was a para umm I have no idea, I guess he just didn't want to be a cripple plain and simple.
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 05-24-2014 at 11:00 AM.

"For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition." ~ Martha Washington

James, you would never have been accepted into JTF2. You never even did your homework, did you? Your special ops types don't take drop outs from high school and neither do ours. And Ket got as close in SE Asia as any WW1 boy to seeing the faces of the many he killed. The US had several programs running that are just now being declassified that maybe you need to read up on.

Do not get into this now. Like many, this weekend is about those who fought and those who died and those changed forever by wars both declared and those unknown to most. Right now I would trade your whiny butt for just a few more years with a Korea era vet in pain now and sometime next week he will have an MRI done that will read T-6 or T-8 incomplete. Want to know what that means at 82? That I will be handed a flag by a Navy color guard member sometime soon. He lost 3 children and I lost 3 siblings between the ages of 10 and 19 back in the '70s and it still feels like yesterday. Neither of us would bow out early on the other. It's too easy. Yes, it is. Many died the same way in those WW1 trenches; fall forward into a sink at least it won't be mud.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Again with the whiny comments, do you not read what I'm saying, I get that. Trade me eh sue I always liked you, your a nice person, but that's the dumbest thing you've ever said, but considering you have no powers over another's life and if were talking Neverland fairytale crap I would gladly take the cancer that is killing my aunt right now so she could see her second daughter get married and live with my poor uncle. Frist off yes you can get in the military with just your grade 10, secondly I could work my way through the ranks to at least a hand to hand combat trainer if not into the JTF. Thirdly I got my high school from online courses, again with the fing assumptions. And finally what are you trying to do say that you have it 10 times worse then me? Congratulations like what I'm supposed to say to that? I don't know how to put this without being rude, excuse me but you're much older than me you had your chance to work your way through the military and prove your self as did kit, I didn't have my chance so stop flaunting your fucking military experience, please it's just putting salt in the wound and it's ridiculous. All I could find is three or four positions in the task force and the physical requirements, which I would have soared through. I wasn't going to try to be a engineer or anything like that I just wanted to be an assaulter.
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 05-24-2014 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    "For I have learned that the greater part of our misery or unhappiness is determined not by our circumstance but by our disposition." ~ Martha Washington

That is the most extraordinarily obvious, supposedly inspirational quote I've ever read. Disposition is basically how one views and reacts to anything in life, circumstances individuals everything. It's created by the incredible variety in life, certain scenarios, certain influences, certain role models, TV shows etc. All of these little humps and bumps in life create the person that we all are today down to our principles, our opinions, religion, our favorite sport for Frig sakes. So clearly it's the defining factor in our misery, unhappiness, happiness, whatever. One could enjoy eating cockroaches view it as a delicacy, and live in a house made of shit if that's how he was brought up. There's even the rare person that wants to lose and arm or leg, or wants to die even though he's perfectly happy just to see what's on the other side. No one's persons disposition is better or worse than any other on this planet, no one person has the right to judge another, we all bleed red and breathe air it's a joke to judge another person but we all do it.
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 05-24-2014 at 01:37 PM.

I don't think it's the military experience we vets are trying to get across James. It's the mental toughness a person learns in difficult circumstances; the abilty to adapt and maximize the potential of the situation no matter how tough. You may not have the opprotunity to physically be part of JTF but it doesn't mean you can't take their philosophies and steadfastness and use it as a way to move on

As you know, it takes years of training for those special members to accomplish what it takes. It all starts with stripping oneself to the breaking point and building to the goal from there. It sounds like you are at that breaking point and have the choice to either continue training or "ring the bell". I suggest you write to the headquarters of JFT, explain your desire to have once planned on being there but due to circumstances can't. I know you would fiind support and advice on taking the next step.

One thing, among many, that I found with the military is we do support each other no matter what, but we also support those out there trying to maximize their potential no matter how dire. It's not what happens to us, it's how we handle it. You seem to have the potential for sure, it takes getting pissed off about the situation to do something about it. Take this opprotunity to get over the next hurdle and eventually you'll be the "warrior" you envsioned yourself to be.

And you can still do a lot James, I've known high level injuries who were high profile business people and did well and married and had great families. Don't give up. We have a lot of people on this site who have done real well including those who posted to you here. Be tough and don't take the easy way out, you can do it.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

I know from lack of mental toughness - I am a poster boy. Low self esteem, depression, the works. And I do, and have, seen shrinks, and tried antidepressants, which haven't helped mood, or pains.
    Last edited by alan; 05-24-2014 at 04:10 PM.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.