Thread: bowel program.

bowel program.

Okay guys. I'm 5 years in and discovering my bowel program has caused damage to my hip and spine.

My program was every other day on the commode left hand between legs and digital stim. Some times I had to help really made me twist ultimately causing hip damage.

I never ask for help because this just seems to work for me and I never really got me good training from my PT's when I first became paralyzed. apparently paraplegics on something they dealt with on a regular basis.

so my question is how do you do your program because I need to do something different and I'm out of ideas.

Tl; dr? teach me how to do a Bowel program properly

same way I do it besides mines every day, very active bowels!! Hopefully I dont do any damage. Tried suppositories & ALL that bs at first & it seemed to ALWAYS be some type of suprise so hopefully I dont find out anything bad about it

same here. I never could figure out the suppositories. And put it in wait for a while and then it would almost always just fall out and I would have gone through all that trouble for nothing . I found this little thing I'm considering buying It http://www.paraflush.com.

before I do I just wanna see how anybody else does theirs just in case has a better strategy .

PC720, do you have insurance or are covered by Medicare? I think if you saw a physiatrist that along with information from your wound care doctor you might qualify for a rehab refresher. Obviously you'd want to go to a different and better rehab.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Does anyone have experience with the Paraflush? Is it FDA approved, doe it need to be? How is it different to Peristeen, and what ever happened to that?
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Have your tried Enemeez? Most say it works faster? You can use 1-2! it is a teaspoon of liquid. Just squeeze it and you don't have to wait for it to melt like a suppository. www.enemeez.com
    CWO

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto View Post
    Does anyone have experience with the Paraflush? Is it FDA approved, doe it need to be? How is it different to Peristeen, and what ever happened to that?
    I actually found that on YouTube. Here's a quick little video of the guy shows you how to install it and use it.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Have your tried Enemeez? Most say it works faster? You can use 1-2! it is a teaspoon of liquid. Just squeeze it and you don't have to wait for it to melt like a suppository. www.enemeez.com
    CWO
    no I haven't do I need a prescription?

You don't need a prescription for Enemeez. Here is the website: http://www.enemeez.com/index.html In the past, the company has offered free samples if you call and request them.

All the best,
    GJ