Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Folding power chair

Folding power chair

Looking to get a folding power chair..does anybody have any experience with one..please..
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

Sorry, no experience, but I think this one looks kind of nice for being easy to transport http://www.mysmartchair.com/
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

That's a cool chair. Have never seen it advertised anywhere in disability related magazines. Do you know where it's made?

They list their address in Jersey City, NJ. Apparently there is something in the New Mobility January 2014 issue
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

There are many on ebay..I've been looking at EZ Lite Cruiser..I'm so confused..
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

http://www.ezlitecruiser.com/ Weight capacity 264 lb. Weighs 50 lb.

http://www.mysmartchair.com/ Weight capacity 250 lb. Weighs 50 lb.

Look almost identical, but they do not look adjustable for different weights/height at all, and could put you at risk for pressure ulcer development with the thin cushion and leg positioning (esp. for someone tall). Really designed more for frail elderly or as a scooter alternative for those with limited walking distance rather than someone with SCI.

(KLD)

I'll only be in it for a few hours..I'll be going to Cancun, and don't wanna take my PWC..I'm 5'8 170lbs..
    Louie Gonzalez
    C6 C7

Thanks for the videos. These chairs may be useful for visiting, etc. when full power wheelchair may be too heavy to be lifted over stairs, or fit into a car trunk.

I like mine. Yamaha jwx1 wheels on my old kuschall champion, with upgraded lithium ion battery.
    http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/l...ommend_item_en
    Not bad, $4255 delivered, junk the crap and stick them on any manual. Just make a tiny bracket.