Thread: may no longer be a techie but I found a neat little device

may no longer be a techie but I found a neat little device

When I first broke my neck people told me you could talk to computers was even a beta tester for IBM Via Voice and another one I don't remember, this was in the 80s.

But here today I no longer need anything but my voice to write a letter, make a phone call, or search the web. Computers in their true functionality, have change society in incredible way the last 20 years.

I bought a Plantronics USB wireless speakerphone to just uses as a speakerphone, and get rid of my six pack size AT&T Piece of junk.

It is a little bigger than a cigarette pac, there are no wires to it. Not only does it free up a lot of desk space but I found it works perfect for Dragon Naturally Speaking which I'm using right now.

This one microphone lets me literally ask the computer question, dictate a document and answer the phone.

All these functions were available before but this one microphone does quality voice recognition, my telephone space called and my browser and I think it's pretty cool.

No wires, nothing reminds me of that Star Trek episode where Scotty takes up the miles and talks to it. As I am writing this I can say search the web for Cleopatra's birthday, and the answer is October 69 BC.

I found it for $99 delivered, but here the technical specs http://www.plantronics.com/us/produc...uId=sku6250014

i need to learn how to use google now and the voice capabilities of the android.
    cauda equina