Thread: My new MARVEL M1 camber tube prototype......

My new MARVEL M1 camber tube prototype......

some of you may remember my MARVEL camber tube failure last summer......this was my original MARVEL that i bought in 08. this was the first operational failure of any kind in the first 5 years i owned the chair. i did have, thank god, another used MARVEL i picked up off the net as a backup but i prefer the 2* camber tubes and my backup has 4

since i have since not been able to locate a replacement 2 degree camber tube i decided to make my own with the help of a crafty family member that has access to the machinery needed.....

the tubes are steel stock that have been welded to hex stock then bored with 2 degree sleeve inserted in the hex end them for the axles. the top of the hex head is punched to located top dead 90* center. the axle sleeve is the same length as my other MARVEL Rogue wheels for rim interchangeability. they are heavy but we are going to work on that.

i do not anticipate another camber tube failure, the frame will go before the new tubes do, lol

i should have Ole' Blue back on the road here reeeeeaaaaaal soon!!!! YEEE HAAAAA

Blog Entries
    Very cool, Bob! I still have my blue M1. It's been hiding in my closet since a few months after I bought it. Been thinking a lot about using it, recently. Love the suspension, build quality, and unique design. Been waiting for one of my BT-MGs to fail to give me an excuse for deploying it! They just don't seem to break. Ever. Going on 8 years. Anyway, that tube looks SOLID!
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

well, if you would like to deploy it from your closet into mine, i may be interested.

That is an impressive repair.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Very Nice
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I like steel, they never break.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.