Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else has this problem?

Yea, I wouldn't touch botox while trying to get pregnant or during the pregnancy. I had several series of botulitum toxin shots in my right hand and arm for a contracture. This was way back in 1995 or so at Walter Reed. In my later reading on it they starting finding that even the miniscule amounts used can travel to other parts of the body far distant from where it is originally injected. I think if you post in Mobile Women a few who have been where you are might see the question easier.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Since your bladder is so spastic you probably have thickened bladder walls hence the low capacity, that was the case for me and I/C was a nightmare. You may want to think about a bladder augmentation and maybe a mitro to make cathing more easy and if your against that a s/p is probably the best other option. To try to keep doing things as you have and do nothing is just asking for a lot of misery in your life.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Blog Entries
    I put in a foley overnight - works fine. I have a ton of extra 14 French if you want to give it a try...
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

200 mg is not normal and they Myrbetriq isn't working. See if you can take an anticholinergic with it and you are a great candidate for Botox to the bladder!!! that relaxes it and keeps it relaxed for months if it works!
    CWO

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Since your bladder is so spastic you probably have thickened bladder walls hence the low capacity, that was the case for me and I/C was a nightmare. You may want to think about a bladder augmentation and maybe a mitro to make cathing more easy and if your against that a s/p is probably the best other option. To try to keep doing things as you have and do nothing is just asking for a lot of misery in your life.
    Does that mean Botox is useless?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    200 mg is not normal and they Myrbetriq isn't working. See if you can take an anticholinergic with it and you are a great candidate for Botox to the bladder!!! that relaxes it and keeps it relaxed for months if it works!
    CWO
    What is anticholinergic ? I'll ask my GP next time

Anticholinergics are prescribed to relax the bladder and prevent spasms. Effectively, the bladder can hold more urine if spasms are controlled. Anticholinergics include tolterodine tartrate, Detrol LA, oxybutynin chloride, Ditropan, darifenacin, Enablex, oxybutynin, Oxytrol, trospium chloride, Sanctura XR, and solifenacin, Vesicare.

All the best,
    GJ

Anticholinergics are the originals Oxybutynin(Ditropan), Sanctura, enablex, Detrol LA- they were the first. They do make your mouth dry. They have the short acting forms- take 2-3 times a day and the long acting forms( take 1-2 times a day).Myrbetriq is the newest form and a different classification. Did you have urodynamic testing? What did it show?
    You can take MYrbetriq with one of these also.
    CWO

I did both cycto & urodynamic. I leaked at I think 150ish.. My urologist says Im the perfect candidate for botox but he is not gonna do it due to our upcoming IVF..sigh

Good luck with the IVF!!!!-( BTW-when you get pregnant you will pee all the time anyway so maybe you are just ahead of the game!!!!)
    CWO