Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else has this problem?

I tried myrbetriq a few months ago and it was terrible for me. I honestly think it was worse than no medication at all. I was leaking with no warning in about an hour and with only about 100 to 200 ml. I can usually hold about 350-400ml. I went back to Vesicare.

You might consider using a foley at night so you can sleep. I also make a lot of urine as soon as I lay down so I put a foley in every night. Kind of a hassle and they aren't cheap but I think it's worth it to sleep all night.

Quote Originally Posted by STOLhorse View Post
    I tried myrbetriq a few months ago and it was terrible for me. I honestly think it was worse than no medication at all. I was leaking with no warning in about an hour and with only about 100 to 200 ml. I can usually hold about 350-400ml. I went back to Vesicare.

You might consider using a foley at night so you can sleep. I also make a lot of urine as soon as I lay down so I put a foley in every night. Kind of a hassle and they aren't cheap but I think it's worth it to sleep all night.
    You may have a point, but cathing every 3 hours during the day is a real life style killer too. Been there with too many caths at night and too many during the day.

All the best,
    GJ

Normal for an AB woman is between 300 and 450. Remember most SCIs are still men and their levels are higher. I'd start by changing when you drink and make an appointment to try a different anticholeragenic drug. I would ask for the original short term oxybutynin chloride because several other newer drugs are based on it. I believe most start on 5 mg 3 to 4 times a day. If that works then ask about the extended working types like Ditropan XL as the long acting versions cut way back on the side effects such as dry mouth and constipation. You might want to lay down or raise your legs up for 45 minutes or so in the afternoon so your leg s give up some of that excess fluid before bedtime too.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Good suggestions, Sue.
    CKF

I take Oxybutynin 4 times a day and Sanctuary twice a day. I have major problems with wetting during the day. I have to cath at least 4 to 5 times a day and usually only once at night. When I travel or plan to be away from the house for more than 4 hours I use a Foley catheter. I have been in the wheelchair for 31 years and the older I get it seems the more I have to cath.

Im right there with you sister, only thing that ever helped me was Botox treatments in my bladder.

its been 1 year since my last treatment and it ran out; I have started getting up every hour or so as well. So time for botox.

This is probably a dumb question, but is there any way you can cath at night without getting up. If you have everything you need next to the bed?
    T12L1 Incomplete Still here This is the place to be 58 years old

I cath in bed before I go to sleep. I leave it on my nightstand wrap my cath tube up in tissue. I than cath in the middle of the night in bed do the same with my cath tube. Cath before I get up do the same thing. Take everything into the bathroom in the morning. I use a rectangular plastic container that I buy at the grocery store that you store leftovers in. It works fine unless I have tremendous out put over night and sometimes it gets interesting getting it to the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by diaspora View Post
    Im right there with you sister, only thing that ever helped me was Botox treatments in my bladder.

its been 1 year since my last treatment and it ran out; I have started getting up every hour or so as well. So time for botox.
    I know but we are planning to do an IVF and my urologist doesnt know the side effect of the botox He said come back after you are done with it ..mean while , I guess nothing i can do

You could try the medications mentioned, but I am not sure if that is ok with your OBGYN. I would definitely check with them before adding anything to your regiment.CKF