Thread: Mark is not looking bad for a quad.....

Mark is not looking bad for a quad.....

Name:  IMG_3576 (2) (800x600).jpg
Views: 674
Size:  237.7 KB

But poor fella, look at his sucky chair - no wonder he's got a miserable look on his face.....

Seriously though, why shoot a (clearly) able bodied man in a hospital wheelchair??? And who told him to look so pitiful? Can he not smile for fear of not instilling enough pity in the reader? Is this really what people think of us?

Basically it smacks of both ignorance and patronizing pity. BUT - if I were to dare point this out, I would risk being labeled as thankless and petty....best to just shut up in the end...

Heh, and use the short focal length lens to emphasize the sucky wheelchair also! Yeah that copy editor sure has some 'talent'...gotta wonder who hired him or her...and depending on the organization, why they are still employed?

But yeah, typical patronizing which makes you wonder exactly how the people expect to drum up business with this kind of 'advertising'. Reminds me of the Invalidcare semi I saw once on the highway saying "Yes, you can" with a picture of one of their chairs on the side...that pretty much created a rotten image of the company for me and my personal refusal to even consider them for any related purchase decisions I may have.

Is CABA an insurance company?? If so, he got screwed that that chair, which is a clunker and clearly does not fit him. Wonder if CABA will take care of his pressure ulcer care due to the excessive pressure this chair is causing on his ischiums (doesn't like lik ol' Mark got a cushion for that chair either).

(KLD)

Welcome to caba

"For over 25 years, Caba has led the industry in design, implementation, management and administration of employee benefits. We create cost-effective solutions that meet our clients' diverse needs.

Our client relationships are built on trust. We partner with our clients to create appropriate, affordable benefit solutions that exceed expectations. Caba's expertise covers every aspect of a successful program from employee benefit consulting to benefits administration. Choosing Caba as an extension of your Human Resources department is the first step to providing cost-effective, customized benefit programs for your employees"

From their webpage.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Blog Entries
    Yeppers, I suurre would trust good ol' Caba - with my hamster...
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Well there you go...cost effective. Insurance 'expert' slang for 'cheapest possible solution that not too much litigation will result'. Gawd I remember using that term all the time in reports to show how my company's 'consulting' made a claim exposure smaller due to the carrier using us. Never mind the insured feeling like they got a hot poker shoved up their backside...

Glad I don't do that any more, feel a lot less slimey.

Reading the blurb next to Mark I'd say the NHS has competition. Or have we, as in the US, started skipping "the" immediately preceding "hospital"? If this is supposed to be an American company they need to quit outsourcing their ad budget.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.