Thread: Panthera U2 light

Panthera U2 light

My friend is a dealer of Panthera chair. He introduced me the U2 Light recently. Wow! Really impressed by the lightweight of U2 Light, I thought it was only 3kg, I could hold up easily and threw in the air like Toto.

As I asked further about the chair, what a disappointment. The U2 light only had very limited designs, colors, parts, the most important, the size. There was only one measurement for RSH and FSH, it sounded unbelievable. Other measurement was very limited too. I did not know why Panthera did not want to have it fully custom made?

Besides the weight, I liked the one handed brake too, simple, easy and lightweight. The whole chair was very well made, couldn't find any bugs.

The side guards was too thin, could not support very well.

Name:  pantheraU2Light02.jpg
Views: 1964
Size:  164.8 KB

Name:  PantheraU2Light.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  73.2 KB
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Thanks for sharing. We considered their one-hand brake, but because we have a TiLite ZRA with 3.175 centimeter (1.25") diameter tube frame it would not work.

If you click on the photo below you can see a diagram of it.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    My friend is a dealer of Panthera chair. He introduced me the U2 Light recently. Wow! Really impressed by the lightweight of U2 Light, I thought it was only 3kg, I could hold up easily and threw in the air like Toto.

As I asked further about the chair, what a disappointment. The U2 light only had very limited designs, colors, parts, the most important, the size. There was only one measurement for RSH and FSH, it sounded unbelievable. Other measurement was very limited too. I did not know why Panthera did not want to have it fully custom made?

Besides the weight, I liked the one handed brake too, simple, easy and lightweight. The whole chair was very well made, couldn't find any bugs.

The side guards was too thin, could not support very well.
    I tried out a Panthera X carbon fiber wheelchair at an Abilities Expo yesterday. You can order the chair in different widths, but the frame angle comes in only one size. Regardless, it fit me perfectly fine.

The one-hand brake is indeed very nice.

Not sold on the casters, particularly the rubber tire. A friend who has a Panthera X told me that he goes through a pair about every 2 months. The rubber on the caster is very user-friendly install -- roll it off, roll it on -- however I don't know the price for a replacement set.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post

As I asked further about the chair, what a disappointment. The U2 light only had very limited designs, colors, parts, the most important, the size. There was only one measurement for RSH and FSH,
    The U2 light is one of my favorite chairs, i would been seating in one if i wasn`t in an Oracing, weight 3.5kg and in any size it`s weight over 4kg, it`s the lightest metal chair of the world.
    The problem is that you have it in two colours and only one front angle and frame depth, you can choise seat width and yes, you can change the RSH and FSH, but that option will be a shit, because in RSH they add some suplements and for increase the FSH just use a taller fork, so it`s a chair that if the std measurements are ok for you is very recommend, the uphosthery is not the best either.Name:  fotos de la Panthera U2 light..JPG
Views: 1283
Size:  82.6 KB

When I required my specific RSH, they said they will add a wedge for me. My first response was, WHAT?!!
    I don't know why they are so limited in their design.

When I required my specific RSH, they said they will add a wedge for me. My first response was, WHAT?!!
    I don't why they want to be so limited in their design.