Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Best Hydrophilic catheter?

  1. #1

    Best Hydrophilic catheter?

    Hi. To any and all... What is the best hydrophilic coated catheter these days? Or which one offers most lubrication?
    I have been using Lofric for years but have noticed a severe lack of coating which has resulted in a pissed off urethra and much pain!
    Please share any info on this topic.

    Thanks,
    roller

  2. #2
    Senior Member GinoL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bay State, USA
    Posts
    300
    I am a LoFric user myself and noticed a change in the coating. I think we need to get after the manufacturer and let them know. There is strength in numbers!

  3. #3
    Hollister just came out with a new one that we are looking at seriously. You might want to ask for samples from the various companies that offer these to try out.

    (KLD)

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by GinoL View Post
    I am a LoFric user myself and noticed a change in the coating. I think we need to get after the manufacturer and let them know. There is strength in numbers!
    I called them today and they said they had made changes and that someone would be calling me? They took fixed and broke it, lets hope they can reverse that

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Hollister just came out with a new one that we are looking at seriously. You might want to ask for samples from the various companies that offer these to try out.

    (KLD)
    Thanks, I will contact them Monday

  6. #6
    Still looking for a replacement male single use hydrphilic coated catheter. Used Lofric for years but they are now junk. Looking for similar, no included bag or anything, just hydrophilic catheter in its wrapper that you soak to activate?? Anyone???

  7. #7
    Senior Member ~Lin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,070
    Have you tried speedicath? I'm female but the female speedicath compact are my fav catheters of all time. I tried a lot in my short period of intermittent cathing before going to a suprapubic because I had a lot of difficulty and pain.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

    I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bloomfield Hills,MI
    Posts
    1,553
    Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    Still looking for a replacement male single use hydrphilic coated catheter. Used Lofric for years but they are now junk. Looking for similar, no included bag or anything, just hydrophilic catheter in its wrapper that you soak to activate?? Anyone???
    I use Coloplast hydrophilic catheters. No complaints.
    KB

  9. #9
    Senior Member tooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,555
    http://www.sportaid.com/rusch-flocat...-male-fem.html

    Slicker than snot lube with tap water. I'm bad for re-using caths for weeks on end (not recommended as per SCI-Nurse et al) and the coating lasts. Best ones I've used, I had a lot of troubles straight-cathing for the first few years, these just slide right in.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    http://www.sportaid.com/rusch-flocat...-male-fem.html

    Slicker than snot lube with tap water. I'm bad for re-using caths for weeks on end (not recommended as per SCI-Nurse et al) and the coating lasts. Best ones I've used, I had a lot of troubles straight-cathing for the first few years, these just slide right in.
    Is the price just for one catheter or a box of how many?

Similar Threads

  1. How Do I Use a Hydrophilic Catheter?
    By MikeC in forum Care
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 11:50 AM
  2. Hydrophilic catheters
    By doghauzer in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-30-2008, 07:05 PM
  3. Help w/ hydrophilic catheter
    By MikeC in forum Care
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-17-2004, 08:27 AM
  4. Hydrophilic Personal Catheter
    By hp in forum Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-01-2003, 12:19 PM
  5. hydrophilic catheters
    By whatusername in forum Care
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2002, 08:03 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •