Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Hydrophilic catheter?

Best Hydrophilic catheter?

Hi. To any and all... What is the best hydrophilic coated catheter these days? Or which one offers most lubrication?
    I have been using Lofric for years but have noticed a severe lack of coating which has resulted in a pissed off urethra and much pain!
    Please share any info on this topic.

Thanks,
    roller

I am a LoFric user myself and noticed a change in the coating. I think we need to get after the manufacturer and let them know. There is strength in numbers!

Hollister just came out with a new one that we are looking at seriously. You might want to ask for samples from the various companies that offer these to try out.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by GinoL View Post
    I am a LoFric user myself and noticed a change in the coating. I think we need to get after the manufacturer and let them know. There is strength in numbers!
    I called them today and they said they had made changes and that someone would be calling me? They took fixed and broke it, lets hope they can reverse that

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Hollister just came out with a new one that we are looking at seriously. You might want to ask for samples from the various companies that offer these to try out.

(KLD)
    Thanks, I will contact them Monday

Still looking for a replacement male single use hydrphilic coated catheter. Used Lofric for years but they are now junk. Looking for similar, no included bag or anything, just hydrophilic catheter in its wrapper that you soak to activate?? Anyone???

Have you tried speedicath? I'm female but the female speedicath compact are my fav catheters of all time. I tried a lot in my short period of intermittent cathing before going to a suprapubic because I had a lot of difficulty and pain.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    Still looking for a replacement male single use hydrphilic coated catheter. Used Lofric for years but they are now junk. Looking for similar, no included bag or anything, just hydrophilic catheter in its wrapper that you soak to activate?? Anyone???
    I use Coloplast hydrophilic catheters. No complaints.
    KB

http://www.sportaid.com/rusch-flocat...-male-fem.html

Slicker than snot lube with tap water. I'm bad for re-using caths for weeks on end (not recommended as per SCI-Nurse et al) and the coating lasts. Best ones I've used, I had a lot of troubles straight-cathing for the first few years, these just slide right in.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    http://www.sportaid.com/rusch-flocat...-male-fem.html

Slicker than snot lube with tap water. I'm bad for re-using caths for weeks on end (not recommended as per SCI-Nurse et al) and the coating lasts. Best ones I've used, I had a lot of troubles straight-cathing for the first few years, these just slide right in.
    Is the price just for one catheter or a box of how many?