Thread: Shoulder and neck pain

Shoulder and neck pain

Looking for something to help with intense shoulder and neck pain. I am a C4 and have been for 20 years. The pain is actually in between my shoulders and neck on both sides. Muscles are in knots. Also have knots in my neck. I do range of motion at least twice a day. Eat healthy. Doctors say I should actually put on weight. Have tried Tylenol and Advil for inflammation. One thing that seems to help but is getting spendy is going to a masseuse. The masseuse can't believe how tight my muscles are. I have also tried a physical therapist with no such luck. Anything I am missing or could try to help alleviate the pain?

I'd try a new PT and begin with moist heat. A PT will take burn precautions and pressure points in the upper trapezeus muscles fall under what they do.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I have long hair so have to be careful about the placement but Salon Pas makes OTC patches with caspascin pepper oil in them and those work great on my traps and scapular areas. The first time you use one I suggest having someone check your skin after about an hour to insure you are not allergic to the adhesive. They really help tight muscles from exercise or cold weather causing spasms in those areas. Many have a slight pink tone to the skin after use but this is normal as it draws blood to the surface. Most chain pharmacies carry these now as does Target here in Madison.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.