Thread: Nerve Pain and Feeling

Nerve Pain and Feeling

Lately me nerve pain has been changing along with my spasms. Every time they get worse then get better or a different part of my body has pain or spasms my feeling seems to get better. I could feel the wait of my nephew sitting on my lap last night like never before. Does anybody believe there is I correlation between the two? I wouldn't have before but I believe there is now. Just a thought.

I went through the same thing early on. I was injured on 1/13/1990 and "pain=more sensation" was consistently the norm for me for about the first 5 yrs. In the past 19 yrs "pain=more sensation" has happened a few more times but certainly less than the first 5yrs. I'm a c4-c5 incomplete.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Can't say that is my experience - if it were , I would be bionic man by now. NP pain happens and the only benefit is misery from which you can build a greater character.

My strongest muscles below my incomplete C6-7 injury are my quads. I was on methadone for the Np I went through for about 6 months after the first few months. I still have a contracted right hand and the NP in it started while I was still an acute inpatient. Thankfully the NP pretty much ended after a year but almost 22 years later the hand is still clenched. I've felt it go either way and seen the same in others.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

My NP is horrible like everyone elses but it seems that when my NP flairs up something changes. May just be in my head. I have been hurt 7 years in July.