Thread: Nutrient Details

Nutrient Details

I'm tracking my food intake with the MyFitnessPal app.. I'm not trying to lose weight, just trying to avoid bloating and bowel bottlenecking these days. The app gives me 1600 calories per day based on my height, weight, and activity level being 5'5", 110lbs, and sedentary.. This feels wrong for a c6 because I have to eat way to much volume of healthy foods to reach 1600.

I'd like to use lower numbers for my daily goals. How much Fat, Cholesterol, Sodium, Potassium, Carbs, Fiber, Sugars, Protein, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium, and Iron should a 5'5" 110lbs sedentary c6 be getting? Where can I find this info?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Thanks

My Fitness Pal App

Quote Originally Posted by tuffgong00 View Post
    I'm tracking my food intake with the MyFitnessPal app.. I'm not trying to lose weight, just trying to avoid bloating and bowel bottlenecking these days.
    I love this app! Like you, I had issues of bloating (from fermentation in the small intestine - SIBO). I had to change my diet completely so I used the app to monitor my intake to see what kind of nutrition I was getting.

As well, I liked taking notes because I needed a diary to determine food sensitivity.

i also liked tracking my exercise and watching how that used up calories.

in the end, all this info was useful because I had a printable food/water/medicine/exercise diary for my GI so he could determine possible issues to address in my diet.

the app is free, easy to use, and has an enormous database of food.

This nutrition report is so informative and just what I was looking for.

Thanks

Just what I've been looking for too! Two things that my doctor/health system uses different numbers for though are the BMI for the general public they plug in at 25. And there is considerable research that suggests we should get 1-2000 IUs of Vitamin D a day not 600. Age related crap has me hovering right at that 25 so this site is what I need now.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.