Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: :) New to Care Cure forum! :)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    PMed me here and Twitter. D word. lol
    Lyn,
    Sorry for my ignorance, but what's a D word?
    And as far as this Yoshi, based on his tact, I think it's time for Yoshi to Go-shi.

lol @ go shi ... dee eee vee oh
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

And me SCI, boooo ):
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Our two best devo bloodhounds, Lynnifer and Donno. For our new folks with SCIs be aware of what a devottee is and go slow about anyone pm'ing you out of no where. Most here have no real problem with devos as long as they identify themselves as such.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

There are also "wanna be"s out there.

A devotee usually has a sexual fetish/attraction to PWD, and it tends to be pretty specific. For example, they may be attracted only to amputees, or only to wheelchair users, or only to those who use leg braces.

Wanna be folk are often similarly fixated only on a very specific disability. They range from those who just fantasize about having the disability to those extreme cases who seek out a physician to give them a disability (and sometimes succeed) such as an amputation. In the mid-range are those who may fake a disability as well, and can sometimes be hard to separate from malingerers or those faking for financial gain.

In addition, there are those who just have a morbid curiosity about PWD, which I suspect is the group that this OP fits into.

(KLD)

It's hard for us old timers to keep up with language changes. When I was growing up a devotee was a member of a fan club for a movie star, singer, etc. lol
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Banned
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi27 View Post
    Lol
    You do know they are talking about you, right???

(KLD)

are there any CP wanna be's I'd love to drip acid on them for a few days, between electrical shocks, and all the other crap. Do you think they'd remain a wannbe.

sexuality is screwy and while dee vote teees really bother me ..a lot, if respectful or just don't see the disability hell I can't articulate it.

but a wannabe do they really have any clue at all what it is really like to have our issues?

I am asking of ignorance as I find it mindboggling and incomprehensible. My daughter has a apt description for that type of behavior. BAT SHIT CRAZY.

and shit wish I could find one devotee for just one more try (Couldn't resist) to close if any hot young beautiful female has a thing for a full blown, CP, Cauda Equina, blahblah blah call me. hell I'd just be happy to look at a woman

ket

Apologies for my rude behavior too many drugs maybe, or at least it is a plausible excuse

Ket, way back when use and news groups weren't totally trashed by spammers I was researching some stuff about Amnesty International. Was I surprised to find a group under alt.sadistic. Most their we're into some serious pain but several of the regular contributors wrote fiction and the wannabes there wanted lack of movement but full feeling so they could enjoy being tortured. Others wanted to be awake for their own home done amputations. I read, couldn't find why Alta-Vista sent me there on a search for AI and never went back. I much preferred the parental rants about what they wanted done to a certain purple dinosaur under alt.barney.diediedie.

Cheers to the Freaks!
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.