Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tilite composite scissor locks average life?

Tilite composite scissor locks average life?

Does anyone have an idea of the average life you can expect from the Tilite composite scissor locks? I have a pair, maybe a little over year. Would need to verify that. Anyhow, it seems the rivets have worn significantly. Enough that the brake essentially will "wobble" while locked. This allows chair to then do the same. 1 lock continually unlocks itself.

Can you private message me with your serial number on your chair? We can take a look at this for you. Thanks.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

I have had one that the spring broke less than a year. The other side will pop unlocked at will which has caused me to fall out of my chair once.

Quote Originally Posted by cfx View Post
    I have had one that the spring broke less than a year. The other side will pop unlocked at will which has caused me to fall out of my chair once.
    Can you private message me with your serial number and we can take a look at it for you?
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Tilite, I will send PM tomorrow, Wednesday. I just need to go get the documentation for you. Just as information, I have not done anything to chair other than change from push-to-lock TO the scissor.

I had the spring break on push-to-lock fairly quick after purchase chair. That was when I change to scissor.

I was wondering how well the composite would hold up. Does anyone make an aluminum scissor brake?

Rivets? Do you really mean rivets? I have composite scissors that were on a ZRA which are all nut and bolt construction.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by kurtsang View Post
    I was wondering how well the composite would hold up. Does anyone make an aluminum scissor brake?
    I have aluminum scissor locks on my Icon.

Ironically, I just broke a spring on one this morning. It surprisingly doesn't have any effect on how well the lock holds in place, but it doesn't "snap" into the unlocked position like it used to.

Yes, I seriously mean rivets. I do believe entire goal of TR3 and titanium was to make the chair as light as possible. Adding fractions in weight was not the goal. The chair is very light and I will not add add-ons and increase the weight. The brakes will wear, no matter what they are made of. Was just wondering how long they will last because the one is continually popping open and chair surely not as stable as it was when locked. If you use the chair with brake locked and stand or do transfer, the brake will unexpectedly unlock and, kaboom, you go sailing onto the floor or into something. This has happened to me. Have not hurt myself yet and hope not to. I do like the composite but there may be something better than the rivet.