Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nerve Pain

Nerve Pain

Is nerve pain worse in a more severe injury or does it make no difference?

In my case c4-6 IC of 7 years the pain of an incomplete injury has been more "complete" than the injury. So people say 'you look good" etc but damn the pain is miserable.

Neuropathic pain is not a matter of how bad the overall injury is, it depends on injury to the sensory nerves. Once you involve those, it doesn't necessarily take much.

how is yours? There is no rules like Dave B said. Sometimes incomplete injuries have more than completes but that doesn't always hold true. If you got it, be glad that it ain't worse than it is cause it can get really bad. So bad that it will make a sane person lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    how is yours? There is no rules like Dave B said. Sometimes incomplete injuries have more than completes but that doesn't always hold true. If you got it, be glad that it ain't worse than it is cause it can get really bad. So bad that it will make a sane person lose it.
    Mine is mild to moderate.Its worse in my legs after I move and stretch them but even then it's not too bad.Even then,it's not exactly pain but a cold or burning feeling around my knees.Over all,nowhere near as bad as a lot of people.

Is there any research or anecdotal information on:
    1. Balance between pain and exercise. Sometimes exercise feels like a lose/lose scenario. Other times it is better than drugs.
    2. Numb the pain with meds vs put up with it and the longer term consequences of these two decisions?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by drxcski View Post
    Is there any research or anecdotal information on:
    1. Balance between pain and exercise. Sometimes exercise feels like a lose/lose scenario. Other times it is better than drugs.
    2. Numb the pain with meds vs put up with it and the longer term consequences of these two decisions?
    Read this post and listen to the lectures to learn about what pain is and isn't: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...e-its-severity It helped me a lot!
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

is there any new meds to treat neuropathic pain? i am on neurontin and it knocks it down a bit but if i could get it fully gone my life would improve dramatically. thinking about getting the stimulator put in. heard it has helped alot of people. any thoughts?
    Josh S.
    T6 complete as of 7/17/03

Neuro Pain

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    Read this post and listen to the lectures to learn about what pain is and isn't: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...e-its-severity It helped me a lot!

Thanks i have began working through the lectures. Got deep into one and realized that one of the things i do to help pain is get some sleep. Thanks again. I will follow up with some comment.

Quote Originally Posted by joshstevens7 View Post
    is there any new meds to treat neuropathic pain? i am on neurontin and it knocks it down a bit but if i could get it fully gone my life would improve dramatically. thinking about getting the stimulator put in. heard it has helped alot of people. any thoughts?
    I know of no treatments for neuropathic pain that can make it go away completely. The best we can offer at this time are treatments that reduce the pain to tolerable levels. This is true of medications, as well as modalities such as spinal cord stimulators, intrathecal medications, TENS units, acupuncture, etc. etc. etc.

(KLD)