Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nerve Pain

all i know is i have been living with this pain for almost 11 years and i am about to lose it. it seems to be all i think about, and messes with my mood and life. im starting to get desperate with getting it knocked down because my lower belly and all of my legs are constantly in pain. only time i dont feel it is when i am asleep and in the pool swimming. i cant spend 24/7 asleep in the pool or i would haha
    Josh S.
    T6 complete as of 7/17/03

what meds do you take right now, or what therapy? i am on gabapentin 800mg 2xday. i know you can get on much more but i tried it and didnt get any different results.
    Josh S.

This is a list of what I take for my pain, Baclofen 2/20mg 3 times a day, Escitalopram 10MG 1 a day, Lyrica 100mg 4x a day, Oxycodone 7.5/325 as needed, Diazepam 5MG as needed.

I've been taking the Lyrica for a little over a year and it's helped some but I still couldn't stand the pain in my lower abdomen. For the most part I was still miserable and wishing I just wouldn't wake up one morning as indicated by some of my posts.
    Then about two months ago my Dr. Put me on Escitalopram and it's improved my lower abdominal pain and depression or vice versa. Is my lower abdominal pain gone not by any means but it's at a level most guys and Gals on here might sell their souls to have. Which is why I often find myself wondering why I'm bitching when so many other people have it much worse than what I'm going through.

Anyhow that's the skinny for me, I wish everyone success in finding something to ease or hopefully take your pain away altogether!
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Hey Cowboy, I'm so glad you found some relief. Really happy for you since I know how much you were suffering. Congrats.

well i think i am going to make an appt to see a psychiatrist and talk about all my problems to start. maybe they will put me on something to help my depression. maybe they will say i should go talk to the pain managment dr again about trying the stimulator. this is my first step to prgressing to where i need to be. i just want this neuropathic pain to ease up. my quality of life would be so much better and i think i would get my ambition back again.
    Josh S.

Escilatopram is also known as Lexapro, I just found out.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Alan, is there a problem with Lexapro?
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys_Place View Post
    Alan, is there a problem with Lexapro?
    As far as I know, no more than with any other antidepressant. I just posted the brand name in case some people have already used the medication under that name.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.