Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TiLite TR3 / First Impressions

What is the reasoning for the footrest being parallel to the ground?

Resonant - Which brand of solid back did you go with?

I have a ZRA. I can't stand the spreading of the knees. I like mine touching at all times in my chair. I ordered my cushion a little longer than what was reccomended and I lowered my dump all the way. Works perfectly.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Looks like I'll be using the Spinergy LX's for a few days. I have four tubes, but they all are the Presta valve type. Anyone need them?
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    So, RE, to answer your question, I think the best (only?) way to keep your legs from splaying is by having the chair tubing do the work for you.
    You would think after being in a chair going on 28 years I'd have all this figured out. Likewise, know all the detailed questions I should have asked before updating my chair. I tried, but not sufficient.

You are correct. After reading your response I looked at my prior chair. The tubing did the work for me. It doesn't have a V-front, but rather tapered. Not to mention it has adjustable seat upholstery which had some give in the middle so that helped as well. I wish I would have realized this. The TiLite TR3 I got prior to this one was narrower in width (16") and had a more extreme V-Front. It did keep my legs together, but unfortunately was too narrow not only for my hips but I couldn't get my feet down on the footrest with shoes on. You all know the history by now.

Besides the flat this morning, another issue that has begun to annoy me. My folding side guards have bowed out and are rubbing the side of my wheels. Anyone know of a trick to keep them in line with the of the frame? When I first got the chair there was about .75" between them and the wheel. Not any longer. I'll be sure to get fixed side guards on my next chair.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Yeah! Congrats.
    Quote Originally Posted by briddellm View Post
    Congrats!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Resonent...what kind of cushion are you sitting on? This could be a factor until it is "broken in" on legs spreading/staying together/any placement. Flat cushion vs. contoured.
    I'm sitting on a Supracor Stimulite Slimline. I also have a Supracor Stimulite Sport on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Stan View Post
    What is the reasoning for the footrest being parallel to the ground?

Resonant - Which brand of solid back did you go with?
    I'll let Stephen answer the footrest question.

I went with the ADI CF with privacy flap. It was supposed to be the small CF, but came with a medium. The former is what I ordered with my first TiLite TR3 and was supposed to be carried over to the replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by offroaderswife View Post
    I have a ZRA. I can't stand the spreading of the knees. I like mine touching at all times in my chair. I ordered my cushion a little longer than what was reccomended and I lowered my dump all the way. Works perfectly.
    I had a 17" deep cushion on my prior chair. It pushed up against the back of my legs. I didn't like this. It made it harder to grab underneath my knees or to lower my pants/jeans if need be. Therefore, I went with a 16" deep cushion this go around. It helped with the aforementioned. This chair has a 4" dump as well. I think as Stephen mentioned, letting the tubing do the work is the answer. Unfortunately, this is something I didn't take into consideration. Mainly because I didn't have the knowledge to do so.

Blog Entries
    The Deda armrest kit (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GSKKVY/...EN2HAFIY2N)for bicycles works well to keep your legs together. I needed more than the 3/4" away from the tubing, and bought longer attaching screws and 3/8" brass nipples to act as extensions. I learned about the armrest kits from Jeff Adams at the New Jersey Abilities Expo 2 years ago.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Fascinating solution. Thanks for sharing Donno