Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 91

Thread: Scientist receives $1.8M defense grant from Kessler Foundation for spinal cord injury

  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    LOL! Remember mistakes are meant for learning, not repeating

    Paolo
    LOL! Remember what Michal Schwartz told you, not Nowhere Man

  2. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbyshark View Post
    A paragraph saying nerve tissue is the most complex tissue in the body is not evidence spinal cord tissue is the most complex tissue in the body.

    Where's your solid evidence bone tissue and muscle tissue are much simpler than spinal cord tissue?? What tissue is the bone made up of? What tissue is the spinal cord made up of? Dogma and assumptions do not constitute evidence.
    "Most complex" is an opinion. You cannot have evidence for what is "most complex" or "much simpler". But, I have given you a source saying nervous tissue is the MOST complex (which would make bone & muscle simpler), nervous system being MOST complex, and bone being listed as simple tissue. If you don?t like my sources than it is now up to you to provide better sources that say that bone and muscle are more complex than the spinal cord. Otherwise, my opinion stands tall. So go ahead, show me I'm wrong.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    "Most complex" is an opinion. You cannot have evidence for what is "most complex" or "much simpler". But, I have given you a source saying nervous tissue is the MOST complex (which would make bone & muscle simpler), nervous system being MOST complex, and bone being listed as simple tissue. If you don?t like my sources than it is now up to you to provide better sources that say that bone and muscle are more complex than the spinal cord. Otherwise, my opinion stands tall. So go ahead, show me I'm wrong.
    "Much simpler" is not an opinion. "Much simpler" is a fact. I want to demonstrate to the forum you have no idea what you are talking about. I want everyone to know your posts are ill informed and irresponsible. I'm hopeful the next time you go to post more baseless negativity, you will think twice. I won't count on it though.

    You claim muscle tissue and bone tissue are much simpler than spinal cord tissue. This demonstrates you have a deep understanding of bone tissue, muscle tissue, and spinal cord tissue. Your sources do not explain. Were those three sources the first time you looked up muscle tissue, bone tissue, and spinal cord tissue? Explain to the forum how muscle tissue and bone tissue are much simpler than spinal cord tissue.

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    That is why U2FP is the best SCI organization out there for anyone who wants to see a chronic SCI cure. Eventually the SCI community will figure that out.
    Which projects U2FP currently support are you most excited about? Why?

  5. #55
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,305
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbyshark View Post
    Which projects U2FP currently support are you most excited about? Why?
    I am curious as well here
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbyshark View Post
    Which projects U2FP currently support are you most excited about? Why?
    --they have their annual Working 2 Walk Conference. Where the spinal cord injury community can learn about real science and research. The videos are also free for the community. The one thing this community needs is to be educated. Scientists can also talk to each other.

    --I believe they have helped fund Dr. Silver?s attempt at creating a peptide that could help dissolve chronic scar tissue. There is good reason to believe that chronic scar is an obstacle to regeneration.

    --The biggest project that I support of theirs, is their work with Dr. Murray Blackmore. They gave him a $90,000 grant to buy a special microscope that will allow him to quickly test potential genes to see if they can regenerate axons. I am a big supporter of basic research and I think genetic manipulation might be a significant piece of a cure. This will help speed up the research.

    --What SCI foundation/s do you support, which projects, and why?

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by crabbyshark View Post
    "Much simpler" is not an opinion. "Much simpler" is a fact. I want to demonstrate to the forum you have no idea what you are talking about. I want everyone to know your posts are ill informed and irresponsible. I'm hopeful the next time you go to post more baseless negativity, you will think twice. I won't count on it though.

    You claim muscle tissue and bone tissue are much simpler than spinal cord tissue. This demonstrates you have a deep understanding of bone tissue, muscle tissue, and spinal cord tissue. Your sources do not explain. Were those three sources the first time you looked up muscle tissue, bone tissue, and spinal cord tissue? Explain to the forum how muscle tissue and bone tissue are much simpler than spinal cord tissue.
    Simple vs. Complex is subjective.

    "The human nervous system, by far the most complex system in the body, is formed by a network of many billion nerve cells (neurons), all assisted by many more supporting cells called glial cells. Each neuron has hundreds of interconnections with other neurons, forming a very complex system for processing information and generating responses." That is why!

    http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com/...ionid=42524595



    So can I assume you have nothing to counter my sources? I am not an expert on bone, muscle, or spinal cord. Nor do I need to be to post on an online forum. I am not writing a thesis paper. I have cited sources calling the nervous system & nervous tissue as the most complex in the human body. If you do not believe it, then please show me sources who disagree. Let's see it.
    Last edited by Nowhere Man; 05-03-2014 at 07:34 PM.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    --What SCI foundation/s do you support, which projects, and why?
    Anything in humans. Because human trials are ultimately how you find out if stuff works in humans or not.

  9. #59
    If simple vs. complex is subjective, then this is meaningless. Why highlight and underline it?:

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    "The human nervous system, by far the most complex system in the body

    With regards to what you currently know about spinal cord tissue, muscle tissue, and bone tissue, my sources are irrelevant. Your sources are dogma, common perception, and a couple of sentences from accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. Your sources stink. Your honest position is "I don't know."

    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    I am not an expert on bone, muscle, or spinal cord. Nor do I need to be to post on an online forum.
    Including this in your signature would make your posts less damaging. As it stands now, your broad, far reaching statements loaded with hyperbole sometimes give the impression you know what you are talking about. Many times they are false. Propagating bad information makes the SCI community dumber.

  10. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowhere Man View Post
    The time is not for clinical trials. Too soon.
    I would like to know why you think you have the scientific background/experience/wisdom to make the above statement?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-20-2009, 02:36 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-01-2007, 02:01 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-10-2003, 08:08 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-19-2002, 11:07 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-27-2001, 06:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •