Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New TiLite

[/QUOTE]What is the difference between ADI's Carbon Fiber Seatbase and TiLites G10 solid seat that they offer?[/QUOTE]

Donnaz - Little late to your party. Can?t comment on the c/fADI, but:

Been riding a TiLite composite solid seat pan (aka G10) two years on a ZR2. Pan still flat as plate glass, ZERO working of bolts, holes, frame, center rib. Seat pan has absorbed 10-20 180# crash-landings per day into the seat cushion from near-standing positions. Bulletproof far as Im concerned and certainly no big deal weight-wise. My particular16x16 weighs 22.3# all up including 25lx, marathon+ & StimSport cushion.

On the wheel locks, TiLites composite SCISSORS do their work with ease. Once set correctly, haven't had to readjust yet.

Good Hunting.
    Last edited by nofuss; 04-24-2014 at 10:11 AM.

Thanks for the correction Chas.
    Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I believe G10 is actually epoxy fiberglass
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Anyone have any feedback on the handrims they use? Aluminum vs The Surge vs Plastic Coated.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    For measurements, visit a seating clinician (usually a PT or OT). Never ever let a DMEs determine your wheelchair measurements (unless he/she is an experienced chair user). Chair measurements are cushion-thickness dependent, too. A seating clinician will be much better than a DMEs at recommending an appropriate cushion for your situation. DMEs focus on the chair; seating clinicians focus on you.
    Amen to that! Lesson learned. Well, for next time.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    The ADI is carbon fiber and the TiLite G10 is aluminium.
    TiLite's G10 is epoxy and carbon fiber. We also carry aluminum solid seat pans.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    TiLite's G10 is epoxy and carbon fiber. We also carry aluminum solid seat pans.

I'm not sure that's entirely accurate.

G10 (aka Grade 10 Garolite) is a compressed woven fiber glass filament and epoxy. Not a compressed woven carbon filament and epoxy.

A subtle distinction that makes a big difference! (In weight, strength, and price!!)
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

You are correct. I consulted with our Engineering team and our G10 is compressed woven fiber glass filament and epoxy NOT carbon fiber and epoxy. Thanks for correction!! Keep on roll'n.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnaz View Post
    Anyone have any feedback on the handrims they use? Aluminum vs The Surge vs Plastic Coated.
    I have always used aluminum handrims which I like. Had plastic coated at one time and they burnt up my hands. Never had the surge handrims so cannot comment on those.

I don't like standard aluminum; I've never tried plastic coated. I've used NaturalFits (with & without thumb ring) and Surges. I like Surges the best because I wheel outside a lot - up and down hills. I always wear gloves when wheeling outside. Surges provide an excellent grip. They are probably overkill for indoor/level use - for that I'd prefer the NaturalFit sans thumb ring. The Oval shape of the NaturalFit and Surge is really comfortable for me. I have trouble gripping round handrims.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I'm a recent Surge LT convert. I agree with Chas that they're probably overkill for indoor/level use but they make pushing up hills a LOT more efficient. The Gription stril also gives the user far greater control when navigating choppy streets.

I installed a set on my Round Betty Dinos and have a set on order for my Topolinos.