Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for TiLite angle adjustable footplate

Looking for TiLite angle adjustable footplate

What a nightmare. I got a Freewheel, and it's been amazing, but then it broke my footplate L bar at the weld. Hung on for a month, and today the other side broke. Now I have no footrests, and can't use the Freewheel. In fact, I can't even wheel, because it's unstable now, and the chair just starts to shake. I need just the L bars for the footplate, but every place only sells the whole thing, for like $150. Ouch. I'm trying to get a new chair soon, so was just trying to hang on. Does anyone have an old TiLite with that footplate configuration that might sell me a used one?? I can't even get it welded, it's that bad. And a guy tried to get the tubes out, and mangled the anodized rings that go around it very badly. So now I gotta get some of those, too

Better post your chair model and footrest spacing at the frame. A picture of your footrest would also help to be sure to get the right one.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

How wide a foot plate. What size chair do you need. May be cheaper to buy a good used one. I have a like new Tilite AeroZ I'm selling for a guy.

I have a ZRA, 15" wide. Though these footplates have the poles as an L so I didn't think it mattered what size. It's the angle adjustable one, that's made for shorter legs. So there's a square shape, with weld. I wish I could just get the L poles, but can only find the whole thing for sale. I'm trying to get a new ZRA now, but gotta do something about this meanwhile.
    Name:  2-19.6.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  38.0 KB

That is an interesting drawing. I assume it is your proposed fix since the clamp rings on your chair are wrecked. Are they wrecked? At any rate I have a 15" ZRA parts frame that still has the L foot rest brackets you need. They are yours for shipping cost.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    That is an interesting drawing. I assume it is your proposed fix since the clamp rings on your chair are wrecked. Are they wrecked? At any rate I have a 15" ZRA parts frame that still has the L foot rest brackets you need. They are yours for shipping cost.
    LOL I just got it off the web, cuz it's all broken and wouldn't be a good picture :P Proposed fix? It's just a diagram of the whole assembly, right? I have no idea what the brackets are called. Mine will work still, they're just all hammered and ugly heh. THANK YOU so much!!! You're a life saver! A freedom giver lol. So how do I get you the shipping?

The brackets shown in your drawing look like push pull brake brackets. Is that what is there? It seems wrong and may be why you had a failure. I'll send a pic of the brackets I am familiar with. It happens to be one of the two shown on the Tilite spec drawings.
    Oh yeah, paypal works for me for the shipping. It's up to you to decide how fast you want to get them. I am in Seattle.

It's #1. Those poles. It's a normal high mount footplate. I should get them as fast as I can. Have a young Shepherd that needs a lot of exercise, and we're stuck at home LOL. He's from Seattle

I've got the L's ready for packing for you. It sounds like you want them air mail, puppy gotta go.
    Here is the pic of the bracket I think your chair should have had:
    Name:  sm bracket pic.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  47.4 KB
    Last edited by nonoise; 04-14-2014 at 02:29 AM.

These are the L's you are needing:
    Name:  L.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  92.7 KB