Thread: anxiety

where no one has gone before...SW Pennsylvania

anxiety

i've been in a full blown panic attack for 4 days. you'd think i'd be used to being a quad by now but i just feel so helpless, always at the mercy of others and in constant pain.

trying hard to get right with God (still)

help!!!

lori
    Please Visit My Blog at: http://queenquad.blogspot.com

But those who wait on the Lord
    Shall renew their strength;
    They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
    They shall run and not be weary,
    They shall walk and not faint
    Isaiah 40:31

Lori, do you have a mental health professional that you have worked with in the past (psychologist, clinical social worker, psychiatrist)?? Have you reached out to them? If not, can you call your PCP and ask them to refer you to someone who can see you right away??

(KLD)

When you talk to your primary care physician or other heath care provider, ask them about klonopin to take the edge off of your anxiety. It does wonders for anxiety/panic attacks.

All the best,
    GJ

umm benzos, [xanex, klonopin, others] they do work, but realize once you introduce them into your system you will start wanting, needing them, and run the posibility of taking more, then running out and the withdrawls are similar to heroin users withdrawls...they're a reg dosage along with my other meds and this has happened on several occasions..
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

Agree that Benzos can be great for a sudden severe panic attack, and they can help your pain too. But it's better to save the Benzos for really bad days/attacks, and have some way of treating long term to decrease anxiety overall, as you can become dependent on Benzos over time. Sometimes that means a daily medicine like an SSRI. Sometimes really popular relaxation/meditation mindfulness based approaches can do wonders. They take practice, but really work. Probably the combination of meds and mindfulness are the best way to go. Do searches online, and you can get recordings to practice with.

Meds for anything should always be the last resort. You shouldn't just start popping pills when there are ways other ways to manage anxiety.

also check if u have a local homeopathic or health food, [vitamin] store, theres plenty of natural supplements
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

What kinds of drugs have you had on board lately? Are you using any street drugs/drugs from someone else's doc? Have you run out of what your own doc rx'd you?

What precipitated the anxiety?

More info, please!