Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: out front glide suspension fork

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    1,078

    out front glide suspension fork

    Has anyone had the chance to check these out yet? And if so what's the word on them? Just wondering what the take is on them?

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    Has anyone had the chance to check these out yet? And if so what's the word on them? Just wondering what the take is on them?
    Well, no, I haven't tried the Glides, but I really like every the Out-Front products I do have: Composite scissor brakes; Surge LT handrims. Plus I really like the company, they're exceptionally responsive and stand by their products.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Well, no, I haven't tried the Glides, but I really like every the Out-Front products I do have: Composite scissor brakes; Surge LT handrims. Plus I really like the company, they're exceptionally responsive and stand by their products.
    You have a price on them?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    You have a price on them?
    They are not available as aftermarket items.

    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...40#post1725840

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    They are not available as aftermarket items.

    http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...40#post1725840
    Well that sucks, some of us have highly adjustable Icons

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    1,078
    They only available on tilite chairs. They do look interesting. I was just hoping someone would be able to give feed back on them.

  7. #7
    I can't imagine the ride being significantly different than Frog Legs.

    That said, I'm tempted by them...

  8. #8
    I ordered a set of the single-sided glide forks on a TR3, along with 5x1.4" wheels. I've been using them for a few weeks now. It's a nice combo that rides well. That said, they don't really feel any different than Frog Legs, as suspected. The top of the single-sided fork is a little bit wider than the wheel on the open side, which is a little bit of a bummer in contrast to FL uni-tine forks, which are flush with the wheel on the open side. I like 'em though.

    Are they worth it? Functionally speaking, sure there's a good argument for them, though I'd probably opt for the standard double-sided version to save some coin. I put money toward these instead of upgrading the rear wheels, and have no regrets.

  9. #9
    Senior Member TiLite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    I ordered a set of the single-sided glide forks on a TR3, along with 5x1.4" wheels. I've been using them for a few weeks now. It's a nice combo that rides well. That said, they don't really feel any different than Frog Legs, as suspected. The top of the single-sided fork is a little bit wider than the wheel on the open side, which is a little bit of a bummer in contrast to FL uni-tine forks, which are flush with the wheel on the open side. I like 'em though.

    Are they worth it? Functionally speaking, sure there's a good argument for them, though I'd probably opt for the standard double-sided version to save some coin. I put money toward these instead of upgrading the rear wheels, and have no regrets.
    Actually, the top of the fork isn’t wider thanthe caster. However, we designed the rubber bumper to be slightly largerto help save your furniture and walls. We try to think of the smalldetails; not only of the chair, but how people live. Sometimes I thinkour name should be TiLife.


    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,813
    The single side are very good. Your maneurvability (spelling) is significantly increased in tight areas. The scissor locks are great. No more smashing hands. Scissor lock did break out of warranty, I explained what was going on, they gave me replacement at no cost.

Similar Threads

  1. Glide out front suspension forks
    By rolling01au in forum Equipment
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-17-2019, 10:56 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-30-2013, 12:47 AM
  3. Wanted: Frog Legs suspension fork and 5" or 6" soft roll casters
    By elarson in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-15-2012, 08:49 PM
  4. Front fork covers/pads
    By russianrob in forum Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-28-2012, 02:27 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 10:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •