Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: out front glide suspension fork

out front glide suspension fork

Has anyone had the chance to check these out yet? And if so what's the word on them? Just wondering what the take is on them?

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    Has anyone had the chance to check these out yet? And if so what's the word on them? Just wondering what the take is on them?
    Well, no, I haven't tried the Glides, but I really like every the Out-Front products I do have: Composite scissor brakes; Surge LT handrims. Plus I really like the company, they're exceptionally responsive and stand by their products.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Well, no, I haven't tried the Glides, but I really like every the Out-Front products I do have: Composite scissor brakes; Surge LT handrims. Plus I really like the company, they're exceptionally responsive and stand by their products.
    You have a price on them?

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    You have a price on them?
    They are not available as aftermarket items.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...40#post1725840

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    They are not available as aftermarket items.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...40#post1725840
    Well that sucks, some of us have highly adjustable Icons

They only available on tilite chairs. They do look interesting. I was just hoping someone would be able to give feed back on them.

I can't imagine the ride being significantly different than Frog Legs.

That said, I'm tempted by them...

I ordered a set of the single-sided glide forks on a TR3, along with 5x1.4" wheels. I've been using them for a few weeks now. It's a nice combo that rides well. That said, they don't really feel any different than Frog Legs, as suspected. The top of the single-sided fork is a little bit wider than the wheel on the open side, which is a little bit of a bummer in contrast to FL uni-tine forks, which are flush with the wheel on the open side. I like 'em though.

Are they worth it? Functionally speaking, sure there's a good argument for them, though I'd probably opt for the standard double-sided version to save some coin. I put money toward these instead of upgrading the rear wheels, and have no regrets.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    I ordered a set of the single-sided glide forks on a TR3, along with 5x1.4" wheels. I've been using them for a few weeks now. It's a nice combo that rides well. That said, they don't really feel any different than Frog Legs, as suspected. The top of the single-sided fork is a little bit wider than the wheel on the open side, which is a little bit of a bummer in contrast to FL uni-tine forks, which are flush with the wheel on the open side. I like 'em though.

Are they worth it? Functionally speaking, sure there's a good argument for them, though I'd probably opt for the standard double-sided version to save some coin. I put money toward these instead of upgrading the rear wheels, and have no regrets.
    Actually, the top of the fork isn’t wider thanthe caster. However, we designed the rubber bumper to be slightly largerto help save your furniture and walls. We try to think of the smalldetails; not only of the chair, but how people live. Sometimes I thinkour name should be TiLife.

TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

The single side are very good. Your maneurvability (spelling) is significantly increased in tight areas. The scissor locks are great. No more smashing hands. Scissor lock did break out of warranty, I explained what was going on, they gave me replacement at no cost.