Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Paralysed patients regain voluntary movement with spinal stimulation

Rob Summers has his own website I did email him today with a few questions but so far I have not received a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope1111 View Post
    Rob Summers has his own website I did email him today with a few questions but so far I have not received a reply.

Whats the address ?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    Whats the address ?
    http://www.robmsummers.com

I'm really starting to think these were just incomplete injuries who were getting back return anyhow. I've known a lot of people who got back some return (especially incompletes) within the first 2 or 3 years. Why did they only recruit new injuries? to me everything I've read proves nothing about this whole thing and has hyped the average person up to where they think there is now a cure for SCI. It's only going assert in a lot of peoples minds that a lot of us are in these wheelchairs because we did not try hard enough and are unmotivated loosers. It will make it even harder for all of us true paraplegics and quadraplegics to function socially in a society that thinks we are disabled and it's within our control to not be disabled. It seems very strange that here it's been nearly two weeks since the announcement of all this and that this being one of the largest sites for persons with SCI that no doctors or medical professionals have chimed in on this thread. I'd think physicians must have googled and come up with this site on the web and also the ones who know about this site and have read this thread. I'm starting to think that this announcement made April 6th raises false hope amongst the SCI community. The main people who posted in this thread are the ones like me who desperately want to hear and believe that there is actually something that can help us all with SCI.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I'm really starting to think these were just incomplete injuries who were getting back return anyhow. I've known a lot of people who got back some return (especially incompletes) within the first 2 or 3 years. Why did they only recruit new injuries? to me everything I've read proves nothing about this whole thing and has hyped the average person up to where they think there is now a cure for SCI. It's only going assert in a lot of peoples minds that a lot of us are in these wheelchairs because we did not try hard enough and are unmotivated loosers. It will make it even harder for all of us true paraplegics and quadraplegics to function socially in a society that thinks we are disabled and it's within our control to not be disabled. It seems very strange that here it's been nearly two weeks since the announcement of all this and that this being one of the largest sites for persons with SCI that no doctors or medical professionals have chimed in on this thread. I'd think physicians must have googled and come up with this site on the web and also the ones who know about this site and have read this thread. I'm starting to think that this announcement made April 6th raises false hope amongst the SCI community. The main people who posted in this thread are the ones like me who desperately want to hear and believe that there is actually something that can help us all with SCI.
    I am pretty much in the same boat as this
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Now I'm even questioning whether man really went to the moon over 40 years ago
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

People you know think paralyzed people control being paralyzed?

Is 2 years considered new injury now?

Tell us more about the people you know who are motor and sensory complete and randomly started moving their legs voluntarily again after two years.

Name:  Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 3.11.48 PM.png
Views: 301
Size:  66.3 KB

I don't really understand this position given the fact that in the videos the kids knees are firing up at them when, without the stimulator being on, the individual cannot move. I spoke with 2 of the 4 individuals of this patient group on the phone and none of what the media reported seems out of whack with their own representation about what happened. I have no reason to believe your position is accurate other than one that would protect me from disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by rioderbi View Post
    I don't really understand this position given the fact that in the videos the kids knees are firing up at them when, without the stimulator being on, the individual cannot move. I spoke with 2 of the 4 individuals of this patient group on the phone and none of what the media reported seems out of whack with their own representation about what happened. I have no reason to believe your position is accurate other than one that would protect me from disappointment.
    Yes, but you don't know, they could have been very incomplete just on the borderline of being able to move, this could have been why these 4 individuals where hand selected is all I'm saying. It sure attracted a lot of attention on the news front and that may have been the intention of the people who set up these trials for whatever reason.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Yes, but you don't know, they could have been very incomplete just on the borderline of being able to move, this could have been why these 4 individuals where hand selected is all I'm saying. It sure attracted a lot of attention on the news front and that may have been the intention of the people who set up these trials for whatever reason.
    I dont see how 2 years of completeness turns into sit-ups and legs literally firing up into the air. That's not how it goes. "Hand selected" doesn't make sense I guess and is a pretty negative way to look at something that has no reason to look at it from that negative an angle - but Im new and have seen a lot of that here.