Thread: Ablation experiences

Ablation experiences

I am giving serious thought about having an ablation procedure done to hopefully stop my periods from occurring. I would appreciate any feedback from women who have went through this. I am a quadriplegic with cervical 4-5 fracture.
    I appreciate any input.

I had the ablation before I had flap surgery in 2011 because I didn't want to deal with my period while on bed rest for 8 weeks. Mine turned out great! You will shed your uterus out for a few weeks afterwards which is not pleasant. They can not guaruntee that your period will go away. Mine went from 7 days strong to spotting for a few hours 1 day a month. My PMS is worse than before the ablation. My sister had the ablation and her periods got worse as well as her PMS. I don't regret getting it at all because it's so nice only spotting for a few hours vs non stop period for 7 days. If you have any other questions please let me know. I know a few other ladies have had thi procedure as well so they will probably come along soon with their experience too.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994