Thread: bath or shower (foley cath)

bath or shower (foley cath)

Hi,
    I used to take bath with external cath(condom). Now that I wear foley cath, can I still take bath with it? Some friends told me yes, some other say no because of infections possibility...

Some people swim while wearing a foley catheter, so I presume bathing (submerged in a bath as opposed to showering) would be okay too.

All the best,
    GJ
    Last edited by gjnl; 04-04-2014 at 05:59 PM.

good...thx for your answer.

No problem with bathing or showering or swimming.
    CKF

One of the best things you can do is soap up your entire body and especially your groin and perineal area and rinse it off thoroughly to help prevent UTI. Clean the Foley catheter with soap and water especially and push back a little bit on the tip of the penis to clean the first little bit of the Foley that is inside you.

You can leave the Foley open to drain while you are in the shower and if you get yourself a Foley plug you can prevent dripping on the floor while you move about to the area where you get dried, dressed, and reconnected to your drainage system.

Keep the Foley plug clean by rinsing with soap and water and let air dry or rinsing with a mild bleach and water solution.One of the best things you can do is soap up your entire body and especially your groin and perineal area and rinse it off thoroughly to help prevent UTI. Clean the Foley catheter with soap and water especially and push back a little bit on the tip of the penis to clean the first little bit of the Foley that is inside you.

You can leave the Foley open to drain while you are in the shower and if you get yourself a Foley plug you can prevent dripping on the floor while you move about to the area where you get dried, dressed, and reconnected to your drainage system.

Keep the Foley plug clean by rinsing with soap and water and let air dry or rinsing with a mild bleach and water solution.

thank you all...