Thread: Recommrendations for things to do & see in South Carolina

Recommrendations for things to do & see in South Carolina

We are driving from NJ to Myrtle Beach and Charleston for 10 days at the end of April. It ain't Patagonia, but some relax time will be nice. I have made the trip once before, but it was out of season and a shorter trip.

We have been to Brookgreen Gardens, but not much else. Any suggestions for accessible places and things to do along to coast?

I hope to keep a log of accessible places and will be taking photos along the way.

Thanks! Chris
    C-4/5 45 years post. Sliding into my 60's and looking forward to full retirement.

P.S. Already did a search on the site. Just looking for any new or current info. Thanks!

the boardwalk in mb is supposed to be accessible and fun im thinkin of going there to

heres a link to a cool looking aquarium

http://www.ripleyaquariums.com/myrtlebeach/

http://oceanfrontgrill.com/ looks good

were are ya stayin I looked into the bayview resort its right on the boardwalk and was reasonably priced for 2 bedroom condo with 2 balconys overlooking ocean
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Blog Entries
    Drive down to Savannah, GA...
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    Drive down to Savannah, GA...
    I'd love to, but that is about 3 or four hours away. I don't think we'll have the time on this trip. Thanks!

Thanks. Yeah, the Boardwalk looks interesting. I don't know how accessible everything is. I'll have to try it this trip.

Ocean Front Bar & Grill looks great on a nice day. Sit and watch the ocean and live music -- perfect! "No shirt, no shoes – great service!" is my kinda place. I'll probably pass on the aquarium in MB. Maybe try the aquarium in Charleston?

Staying at the Marriott Grande Dunes. Right on the beach. Second trip there. Very accessible place. Up north end of things.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    the boardwalk in mb is supposed to be accessible and fun im thinkin of going there to

heres a link to a cool looking aquarium

http://www.ripleyaquariums.com/myrtlebeach/

http://oceanfrontgrill.com/ looks good

were are ya stayin I looked into the bayview resort its right on the boardwalk and was reasonably priced for 2 bedroom condo with 2 balconys overlooking ocean

Quote Originally Posted by chris-k View Post
    Thanks. Yeah, the Boardwalk looks interesting. I don't know how accessible everything is. I'll have to try it this trip.

Ocean Front Bar & Grill looks great on a nice day. Sit and watch the ocean and live music -- perfect! "No shirt, no shoes – great service!" is my kinda place. I'll probably pass on the aquarium in MB. Maybe try the aquarium in Charleston?

Staying at the Marriott Grande Dunes. Right on the beach. Second trip there. Very accessible place. Up north end of things.

how was the boardwalk i still havent gone but am probably going in september thinking of staying at the bayview resort
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

great thread, we are thinking of a 4-5 day trip down from ohio. chris, is that resort your in setup kinda all inclusive? food, drink etc. quad friendly? I like staying somewhere I can relax and leave car parked.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

chris,
    how about a quad update. the grand dunes looks amazing. I hear after labor day rates drop a good bit.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer