Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does MS Make a Person Evil, Stadistic, Mean, Ungratful, and Violent?

Does MS Make a Person Evil, Stadistic, Mean, Ungratful, and Violent?

My lil sister was diagnosed at 15 with MS. She is the meanest person I have ever know yet thinks it everyone else. NO one is safe from her furry... is this a part of ms ? I think she might also have mental issue too. I have been a complet t5 parapligic for 20 years I know I can't regulate my body tempature. Is ms the same? She says its different that her not being able to do it will fry her brain . But wouldn't that happen to anyone who's body got too hot... please help me understand I really don't want to have negative feeling about her... If its because of the ms I will continue to endure the daily abuse..but It is hard.. ma

Blog Entries
    I?ve never heard such a thing. I know brain problems can cause all sorts of stuff; my friend?s brother, who was damaged at birth, morphed from being the sweetest kid to a real ogre in later years. But you?re a complete paraplegic. I don?t think you should endure anyone?s abuse.

MS usually causes intolerance of high temperatures...I have great difficulty walking about 75 degrees F.

MS may also cause "pseudobulbar affect", which in some people, causes disagreeableness. Me? I cry at some TV commercials.

I am an understanding person being in a wheelchair my self. But she will abuse her dog when her dog is in her way but the dog just wants to love her. She can walk run break doors. The littest thing will make her explode. She is verbally abusive and not even doctors are safe from being attacked. .. she was even kicked off an ms forum on face book. My dad just allows her to do it say she is not in control of it.

This doesn't sound like behavior directly related to MS. Since your sister was diagnosed at age 15, she might be very angry about being invaded by this disease at a time in her life when other kids are envisioning a carefree idealized future. She needs to have a psych evaluation, for her own sake and her family's, and she should also be seen by a neurologist because some of her behavior could be caused by ailments other than MS. Perhaps she was even misdiagnosed originally. Heat intolerance is a well-known feature of MS, and cognitive changes like "brain fog" and depression are often seen with MS - but what you are describing sounds extreme and it requires looking into. If she's on meds, those should be reevaluated, as well.
    MS with cervical and thoracic cord lesions

My brother in law's mother has ms, she drinks a bit too much, is prone to weird outbursts (mostly when drunk) and falls down. She seems quite normal when you meet her but you get warned to watch it around her.

Anyway I myself was made acutely aware of her weirdness at a set of traffic lights near our place one busy Friday afternoon couple years back.

Anyway, so I pull up at the lights to go straight ahead up a long straight toward our place (she lives a couple of blocks away) she pulls in beside me to turn right onto the highway. For some reason when the light went green she took off right next to me and did not turn off...instead she fucking "raced" me up the hill, she would not yield in any way. I backed out of the stupidity and let her by, my wife goes "i told you she was a fucking weirdo". I saw her a few months later at a family function and was introduced to her, i smiled and said nothing about her odd driving habits. I felt like telling her she needs to be relegated to a mental institution.

I know nothing of MS I am not making an assumption that all MS sufferers are weirdos. She is like any of us dealing with a life changing condition, some of us have difficulty with the denial/acceptance balance.
    "The problem with self improvement is knowing when to quit." "Diamond" David Lee Roth.

These are not common effects of MS. I would strongly suggest that you and other family members try to get her into some counseling with a psychologist who can also assess any MS-related cognitive problems that may be contributing to her psychiatric problems (which she certainly has) and get her into some counseling and treatment.

On what basis was she diagnosed as having MS? It does not sound from what you say that she has much in the way of physical impairment. How long ago was she diagnosed?

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    I?m sorry. I had no business commenting on something I know nothing about. Buts I do think consulting a professional would be a great idea. Perhaps there is medication that could help. And I do you think you should try to protect yourself on all fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    On what basis was she diagnosed as having MS? It does not sound from what you say that she has much in the way of physical impairment. How long ago was she diagnosed?

(KLD)
    Agreed. I would suspect she was misdiagnosed or doing the drug thing ... most at that age do ... and sometimes they screw up their brain chemistry. Sounds more like that to me.
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

I am very sorry she is treating you this way. I have had symptoms of MS since 1972 and was Dx'd in 1988. I may be old fashioned but I believe in treating others as you'd like to be treated, and if you have nothing nice to say.....say nothing at all. I don't care what a person has, it does not give you the right to be rude, mean or out of control. Sounds like she needs serious behavior modification, and a professional can evaluate what her underlying issues are. Personally for myself, i surround myself with positive people and positive activities. Remove yourself from her when possible, and do not give her attention for poor behavior.....Hope your family can find help for her. Do something nice for yourself, you need only take care of you. An occasional bad day is one thing, a way of life is another.
    Best Regards,
    Minnie