Thread: Surehands lifting pain

Surehands lifting pain

I have been using a surehands overhead lift system for about a year and a half now. I had their easy-to-use body brace system which was fast and easy to get into. However I developed severe shoulder pain which I thought was being exacerbated, if not created by the lifting cups under the shoulder joint.

I have since switched to the contour sling and have found it to be a big improvement. It is not such a big deal in terms of getting it into place and I do not sit on it throughout the day. It obviously does not allow for independent use.

But my advice is if you are not using the lift system independently now and you are having shoulder pain when using the lift then you should see if your local rep will let you try the contour sling for a few days to see if it is less painful. The contour sling is much better at alleviating shoulder pain than their hygiene sling, which I tried as well.

For those considering buying the lift system and who will not be using it independently, my advice is to get the contour sling from the beginning or at the very least try both. But then again, you may not have shoulder pain initially but may develop it down the road at which point you'll have to buy the contour sling and have a body brace system which cost a lot of money and now will be unused.

would you consider selling that body thing?
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

also its very possible to use a u-sling independently. everyone is different but this guy does great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ik_...7Uss1tkbNNiRMA
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

The lift he is using is not a surehands and the sling looks different than mine. Looks like a pretty brutal life to be doing that every night. That's what destroyed my shoulder after 25 years. I wonder how he turns at night in such a small bed or if he's on a mechanical air pressure relieving mattress which does not require turning.

I sure hope he doesn't ever experience an emergency at night requiring rapid exiting of his apartment.

I guess independence has its pluses and minuses.

ya that bed is crazy small.... I know not surehands but I know several guys using those u-slings solo.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com