Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: constapation

KLD is right. I'm taking oxycodone for pain. Got the diarrhea when I quit cold turkey. No big issues in me quitting except 3-4 days of the Hershey squirts. No mental stress either, just physical pain. Nurse is wrong about me being an enabler as I try every tactic available to keep others out of my meds. Last resort is quitting which I am doing now. Florida is a screwed up state with their pill mill laws. I wait 4-6 hours at the Pain Clinic/pill mill. My Dr has tried to get me on methadone and morphine. I see all the people who come to his office and crawl the floors and climb the walls waiting for their next fix. As a c5 quad I am my bodies "bitch" and will not let myself be a bitch to a pill. That's what the Dr does - gets his patients hooked and he has a client for life. It is a trip to go to that office. You see some that you now are in pain and some who say strait up they are hooked.
    My D's house.
    http://hernandotoday.com/storyimage/...-140309993.jpg

You are an enabler if you are allowing these people to work for you and steal from you to support their habit, even if they are family.

(KLD)

I live in their house. If everything was black and white I would agree with you. I don't allow them to steal and if I had the power 1 would get a broken nose every night. You find me a better place to reside and then be a snot. They do -NOT- work for me. I am gracious to have a roof over my head. Donnie

You can report them to Adult Protective Services (or the equal in your area). People with disabilities who are being physically abused, neglected, or robbed are considered a special protected class (like the elderly and children) and a social worker from the APS program will investigate. Often they can be a resource for other community services and referrals for you too.

I would also suggest you talk to your local Independent Living Center and see if they can help you to find a better and safer living situation.

(KLD)