Thread: Two Power Chairs

Two Power Chairs

Hello I am an individual with MS bumping around with a walker a lot of the time but cant really go 100 feet or so. I had acquired a Permobil M300 on Craigslist and had it fitted for me, as my insurance company turned me down for a power chair over and over again. To my astonishment upon another evale and submission for a power chair thru my insurance I was approved and received a Permobil M300. The plan is to take one to work for use in a fabrication shop environment. Worried about maintenance out of pocket moving forward. Any thought on owning two chairs pros cons?

Sounds great to me, you have less wear and tear since both are used part time, so you should get longer life, and have a backup chair ready to go if needed.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    It is always a good policy to have a back-up chair. Even new ones can be faulty. I had a new one that was a lemon and it took a year to replace.

Keep the batteries charged and in case of a problem, you're good to go.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks guys, I thought so. Every once in a while I see the second chair as money to help with all the debt from the new Toyota VMI conversion.