Thread: All Terrain Adaptive Trike - The Horizon - By Outrider USA

All Terrain Adaptive Trike - The Horizon - By Outrider USA

Hey all!

A member pointed me here to introduce a new product Outrider USA is developing that we're seeking feedback (and support!) on. It's an all terrain trike that can be used as a foot cycle, hand cycle, purely electric, or a combination of pedaling +electric assist.

Our mantra: People crave independence and adventure regardless of their physical ability or disability. We're developing the Horizon trike to open up that thrill to as many people as possible.

To learn more or support the Horizon - check out the Kickstarter campaign here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ll-terrain-awe

We've been building the highest performing electric bikes in the industry since 2009. See our currently available "on-road" trikes here: www.outriderusa.com

Any feedback, comments, or support is greatly appreciated. This is an opportunity to help design your ultimate off-road adaptive use machine - don't miss it! Also if you feel that I should be posting in a different thread please feel free to chime in and point me in the right direction.

Cheers!
    Jesse

Blog Entries
    I'm excited about your new product. I spend a fair amount of time hand biking around south eastern VA, and while there aren't any hills to speak of, there are 8-10 miles of "off tarmac" state park trails near by that pose a challenge to the traditional setups. Sand is an obstacle, too. How wide of a "drive" tire can your bike accommodate?

And, where about in NC are you folks located?
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    I'm excited about your new product. I spend a fair amount of time hand biking around south eastern VA, and while there aren't any hills to speak of, there are 8-10 miles of "off tarmac" state park trails near by that pose a challenge to the traditional setups. Sand is an obstacle, too. How wide of a "drive" tire can your bike accommodate?

And, where about in NC are you folks located?
    Thanks for your support "Oddity"!

About a 2 1/2 inch rear drive tire looks like max right now. With the nice knobby tread we're running on the prototype it has a quite a bit of good traction in varied terrain. No worries about getting "off tarmac" The Horizon is right at home off-road.

Our shop is in Fletcher, NC - just 10 miles south of Asheville, NC.

This sounds so wonderful! I'm a "try before I buy" kind of girl, though, so I won't be able to order until I can sit in one. I've been riding around using a clip-on handcycle for far too long (someone stole my old quickie handcycle and that's all I could afford to replace it with). I'm graduating from grad school in a few days, and once I finish my clinical rotations I'll actually have a job and may be able to afford to buy a bike and really get out there! I'm tired of toddlers passing me on the hills in Seattle...