Thread: GO! Mobility Solutions' GO-Anywhere Portable Commode 'n Shower Chairs

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico

Cool GO! Mobility Solutions' GO-Anywhere Portable Commode 'n Shower Chairs

Guess I'm up:

For those who don't know me, I'm Rick Goldstein, CEO and Chief Bottle Washer at GO! Mobility Solutions. I invented a line of portable commode/shower chairs and accessories out of personal need as a quad. I never realized that a little spark of an idea while sitting on a beach at my home in Mexico would ultimately drag me back into the real world. Oh well, I'd actually had enough of paradise anyway! lol. Honestly though, it's been an extremely rewarding experience and the day-to-day challenges of running the business certainly keep me on my toes.

After growing to really hate traveling anywhere, 36 years after my injury (tomorrow, I just realized!), that's all turned around. Now, I REALLY hate traveling as it seems I don't get a chance to stop! Be careful what you ask for! But at least now, showering and sitting over a toilet are not things I have to worry about, anywhere.

When you have a minute-or-two, please stop by our website at www.GoesAnywhere.com and check-out our stuff. There are lots of pic and videos and testimonials from around-the-world and from across-the-board. We're always available by Phone, email, PM in here, Facebook or everywhere else. We're always open to suggestions and I, personally, try to help every customers meet their individual needs whenever necessary.

Hope to get a chance to chat with lots of you.

Cheers,

rick
    rick@GoesAnywhere.com
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

I'm wondering about the feasibility of using that chair for solo travel. Forget the push handles, forget the arm wrests....what is the absolute lightest self propelled take anywhere chair available?

Hi Jake,

Our self-propel (SP) model weighs 29 lbs. The wheeled travel bag weighs 11. If you eliminate the push handles and armrests and could get by without the footrests, that knocks-off about 3 lbs. I'm not aware of any other portable, self-propellable commode/shower chair that is any lighter.

rick
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions

If it can be toted (like in picture) THAT would be a solution. I would hitch it to my chair and "do the train" when I travel. It never ceases to amaze me the "innovative" solutions hotels come up with for shower chairs. "Here's your handicapped room, you crip" (they say to me.) I get into the room, and there's a futon pinned to the wall in the bathroom somewhere, and THAT is what they call handicapped accessible. Is a largely accessible commode and bath so much to ask for? Of COURSE it is....because we don't have architects in wheelchairs designing these rooms for these people! That chair is a really really good idea man....^5 high five. I'm gonna buy one.

Thanks amigo; yeah the really good idea was for really selfish intentions but I'm really happy that it's been turning into so many peoples' holy grail. Give me a call if I can help.

rick
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions