Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to secure leg bag

Best way to secure leg bag

Hey, all:
    Does anyone have any suggestions for securing leg bags below the knee? The clips and other tenuous ways to connect straps provided by manufacturer are really horrible and seem to slip every time and because they are hard plastic can cut me. Has anyone ever tried velcro straps or something else? Looking for any suggestions, whether home made or manufactured.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    This what I use http://www.exmed.net/p-1267-bard-wid...o-closure.aspx. I'm sure they are available elsewhere.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Urocare Leg Bag Holder

Name:  Urocare.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  17.2 KB

All the best,
    GJ

I have a make shift set up for strapping the leg bag to my calf but it takes forever to put on. Now I just tuck it into my pants on the side of my thigh, taking a full bag out to drain is tricky. The ease of pissing practically anywhere outside is what I miss about strapping it to my leg.

The best/easiest setup I know of is the hollister leg bag and straps. The strap are thick durable and easy to adjust with big closed hooks at each end. The bag isn't the best and the flip valve is risky/scary because it easily opens. The bag has studs at each corner designed for the eye hooks at the ends of the leg straps. Drop the hooks over the studs and tighten the straps tension.

There is a deluxe leg bag from kendall that I prefer, it has a cloth type material on its back side that creates friction against my skin and helps fasten/secure the bag as it fills. It may have been designed to increase the bags durability or conceal the smell, not sure but its perfect.

good luck

I'm curious...does this inhibit the bag from filling? I looked at this but was thinking it might restrict the bag expanding.

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Urocare Leg Bag Holder

Name:  Urocare.jpg
Views: 694
Size:  17.2 KB

All the best,
    GJ
    Here's the big question: How expensive are these and how often do they wear out?

Is you question about restricting the expansion of the leg bag about the knee/calf bag by Urocare? If so, I've never had any problem with that. The fabric is stretchy.

I've seen prices on the knee/calf bags range from about $25-$55. You just have to watch where you buy them. I bought two of them 4 years ago and there is hardly any wear on them at all. I alternate them, one on my leg while one is in the wash.

All the best,
    GJ

I can also recommend the elastic straps on the Hollister leg bags. If used properly, we have not had any problems with them either falling down or causing skin problems. Never use the rubber straps with buttons that come with cheaper leg bags. I have seen some horrible skin problems from these.

(KLD)

Denver, Colorado USA ---- C5/6 Complete 1985
    I use this. I have a seamstress who makes them, and replaces the fuzzy velcro when it wears out (1-2 yrs):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us7QQxRIraE

Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by gjnl View Post
    Is you question about restricting the expansion of the leg bag about the knee/calf bag by Urocare? If so, I've never had any problem with that. The fabric is stretchy.

I've seen prices on the knee/calf bags range from about $25-$55. You just have to watch where you buy them. I bought two of them 4 years ago and there is hardly any wear on them at all. I alternate them, one on my leg while one is in the wash.

All the best,
    GJ
    Thanks for the info.