Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post
    Hi TiLite, I am interested in purchasing a TR3, however, last Fall when my DME contacted TiLite about bringing a demo he was told that he must carry Permobil chairs at the same time. He was offended by this. Now that Permobil owns TiLite has that policy changed?
    Wow. That's a new one. Sorry to hear of the confusion. Where are you located? We can hook you up with a sales rep and get you going.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

I sent you a PM. I truly hope that you can resolve this as I much prefer to get a TR3 than going with a different brand. For years I have read on CareCure about the quality of product and service from TiLite

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    For the TR, the rear seat height depends on seat slope, center of gravity, camber, rear wheel size, and rear frame type. Having a round rear frame allows greater flexibility with the manufacturability. On the ZRA, the RSH is limited by the same factors, except for the frame type (as there is only one), but also by the mounting hardware which cannot be changed. The best option would be to request a CAD drawing of the spec?d out chair, that way all factors can be accounted for, keeping in mind that the ZRA has much greater adjustability than the TR, but at the cost of rigidity. Hope this helps.

On your advice, have just tried this. The very brief response from TiLite to my local rep basically says "no way, no how", and includes a CAD drawn with the order form's stated minimum RSH. It doesn't appear that my particular requested specs have been taken into account when determining whether the requested low RSH could be achieved, and there is no guidance given as to whether any increase in dump and/or COG would make the requested RSH (or any RSH below the order form's stated minimum) possible. VERY disappointed to be told "we can sometimes do this" by multiple people who should know (you included), only to go through the process and get an answer that sounds awfully like "we can't ever do this, be satisfied with what the order form offers".

I have been saving for a long time to be able to get my dream chair, and now that I finally have the means I find I'll have to pause to consider whether that actually is a TiLite when another company has told me they can go below 14.5" with 25" wheels. :-(

I was seriously considering a tilite for my next chair, but due to the lack of low enough rsh as well as lack of adjustable on the fly back hinge (something I'd emailed with people from tilite about multiple times, being told someone in the correct department or who knew more would contact me back about if it was already on the list of things to work on or would be put on the list but never heard back) So when I meet with the OT on Aug 26th, I'm looking at the Icon. Maybe in 6 years there will be an adjustable on the fly back hinge by tilite (since other companies offer it) and lower rsh. It seems that the recent upgrades in models, resulted in raising the minimum rsh of the chairs such as Tr3 and I had really expected to get a lower rsh on the AeroT than was told is available.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Lin, different TiLite rigid chairs use different axle-mount hardware, which allows different minimum RSH's. The box-frame TR has unique hardware, as does the Mono ZR; box-frame adjustables (TRA and AeroT) have the same hardware as the Mono adjustable, but they have different minimum RSHs because of frame styles . . . Lots to keep track of.

For my first real chair, I chose TiLite after whittling manufacturer choices down to three of which only TiLite had the accessory/feature package that fit my needs - similar to your need for specifics. It seems every manufacturer has niche option(s).

Now that I've spent four years tweaking my AeroZ, I'm thankful (but still a bit nervous) to be able to soon change to a less adjustable model (hoping for a TR.) The ICON configurability would leave me less nervous, but it lacks several options I require. Every change/tweak I've made to my AeroZ has been made with a TR in mind I sure hope it works out; I've lost track of how many TR order forms I've filled out making sure everything coordinates.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I'm familiar with how they all are different. I really like(d) the TR, but the change in the TR3 makes it so you can't get as low of a rsh as before, you're no longer able to flip the camber bar to the top of the lower rail. And I had expected the AeroT with the rsh completely independent of the lower rail to be able to get quite low, but it doesn't get as low as I had expected. I'm also surprised a bit that cantilever chairs don't go as low as I would expect either, especially when it seems to be such a common thing with people wanting to sit as low and deep into their chair as possible. Looking at older model chairs it does seem they gradually went lower and lower, but now its as if they're going higher again for minimum rsh.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I have been drawing (3D CAD) 'my TR3', (playing with colors), and I think I may have gained some insight. with 25" wheels (12.5" axle) and 15 RSH, room is tight between axle mount and seatpan, but with a solid seatpan, I bet they could obtain 14.5 . . .

Name:  TR01.JPG
Views: 461
Size:  102.5 KB

Name:  TR02.JPG
Views: 445
Size:  24.7 KB
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    I am sitting in a TR with RSH of 14.5" and 25" wheels. 14.5" on the Tilite CAD drawing.

And according to the Tilite serial lookup page 14" rear seat height.

http://tilite.com/customerservice_mychair.php serial # 11919930

Getting under 13.75 " with 25" wheels is going to be pretty much impossible. That is pretty much the axle bar resting on the frame that the seat cushion sits on.

Quote Originally Posted by QTiPi View Post
    On your advice, have just tried this. The very brief response from TiLite to my local rep basically says "no way, no how", and includes a CAD drawn with the order form's stated minimum RSH. It doesn't appear that my particular requested specs have been taken into account when determining whether the requested low RSH could be achieved, and there is no guidance given as to whether any increase in dump and/or COG would make the requested RSH (or any RSH below the order form's stated minimum) possible. VERY disappointed to be told "we can sometimes do this" by multiple people who should know (you included), only to go through the process and get an answer that sounds awfully like "we can't ever do this, be satisfied with what the order form offers".

I have been saving for a long time to be able to get my dream chair, and now that I finally have the means I find I'll have to pause to consider whether that actually is a TiLite when another company has told me they can go below 14.5" with 25" wheels. :-(
    Last edited by NW-Will; 08-25-2014 at 06:35 PM.

You have a TR2, the minimum possible rsh changed with the TR3 and the inability to mount to the top of the bottom frame.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    Getting under 13.75 " with 25" wheels is going to be pretty much impossible. That is pretty much the axle bar resting on the frame that the seat cushion sits on.
    I realised that 13.5" was asking for a lot, but I was hoping to get SOMETHING below the order form's stated minimum of 14.5". Even 14.25" would have been a worthwhile drop for me. But TiLite's CAD-drawer has simply said no, and said no in a way that makes it sound as if anything below 14.5" is technically impossible. If he's wrong, how am I meant to find out? Keep submitting CAD requests with progressively higher RSHs until one gets the okay? I'm not made of money here! This is not a whim or a preference for me, it's a serious factor in whether I can physically push my own chair, especially since it looks as if I am going to have to move to a thicker cushion.

By the way, I have been wondering about the way the order form's stated minimum RSH measurements 'jump' between wheel sizes. Here on the ZRA order form we see that the minimum RSH with 20" wheels is 12.5", while with 22" wheels it's 14.0". I would have expected the increase to be the same as the increase in radius of the wheels, ie up 1" to 13.5". Going from 22" to 24" wheels it jumps from 14" only to 14.5", not the full inch I would have expected. Between 24" and 25" wheels there is NO jump in minimum RSH. Then between 25" and 26" there's a jump of a full inch even though the difference in wheel size is only one inch and therefore I'd have expected the jump in RSH to be only half an inch. Are the names we give different sized wheels highly inaccurate as far as their actual size goes, or does TiLite change mounting hardware as you move up the wheel size range?
    Name:  Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 12.31.07 pm.png
Views: 516
Size:  31.4 KB