Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

The lowest possible rear seat height on an Aero T with 25" rear wheels will be dependent on your CG but can go as low as 14.5" - 15".
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Chas got a lower rsh, but it was on an AeroZ1 and he cut the brackets to achieve it, if that would be possible with the AeroZ2 or AeroT I'm sure it would void warranty which I couldn't risk. I'm actually wondering if something could be cut to lower my rsh once the warranty is up and I have another chair. But I'm also afraid of ruining it where I'd have to replace the parts to have a backup chair, so dunno if I'll ever do anything.

Tilite, so what would be the lowest rsh for 25 wheels, 3 inches cog, 2.5 inches dump, and 4 degrees camber? (camber changed from my previous suggested specs) And this may be a stupid question but my brain is fuzzy right now, does the lowest possible rsh increase or decrease with an increase (further forward) COG?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Chas got a lower rsh, but it was on an AeroZ1 and he cut the brackets to achieve it, if that would be possible with the AeroZ2 or AeroT I'm sure it would void warranty which I couldn't risk. I'm actually wondering if something could be cut to lower my rsh once the warranty is up and I have another chair. But I'm also afraid of ruining it where I'd have to replace the parts to have a backup chair, so dunno if I'll ever do anything.

Tilite, so what would be the lowest rsh for 25 wheels, 3 inches cog, 2.5 inches dump, and 4 degrees camber? (camber changed from my previous suggested specs) And this may be a stupid question but my brain is fuzzy right now, does the lowest possible rsh increase or decrease with an increase (further forward) COG?
    On an Aero T with 25" rear wheels, 3" CG, 2.5" dump and 4* camber the lowest rear seat height would be 15".

Regarding your question about the rsh increasing or decreasing as the cg moves forward. On the Aero T it doesn't matter. However, on the ZRA the seat height will decrease as the cog moves forward.

Thanks. Is what you said about the ZRA true of the AeroZ then as well? Which would mean the cog on the Aero T does not affect seat height, but the further forward the cog on the Aero Z the lower the possible seat height?

Anything known about an adjustable-on-the-fly back hinge? I require some sort of adjustable on the fly back angle change. However the new roho agility back claims to allow back angle adjustment while sitting in the chair, so my thoughts were that may make a tilite chair meet my needs but I'll have to look into it deeper when deciding on my next chair.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    Thanks. Is what you said about the ZRA true of the AeroZ then as well? Which would mean the cog on the Aero T does not affect seat height, but the further forward the cog on the Aero Z the lower the possible seat height?

Anything known about an adjustable-on-the-fly back hinge? I require some sort of adjustable on the fly back angle change. However the new roho agility back claims to allow back angle adjustment while sitting in the chair, so my thoughts were that may make a tilite chair meet my needs but I'll have to look into it deeper when deciding on my next chair.
    Correct. What was said about the ZRA is true for the Aero Z.
    Correct. What was said about the CG on the Aero T not affecting the seat height.
    Correct. The further forward the CG on the Aero Z the lower the possible seat height.
    Not familiar enough with the adjustable on-the-fly back hinge to be able to advise.

Lin The elevation chair is another one with on the fly adjustment http://www.pdgmobility.com/products/elevation/

Thanks, but I'm not interested in that chair because it doesn't meet all my needs and has things that I don't need/want, plus I don't think its covered by medicaid.

How do I replace a torsion spring for my scissor brake? I received a new one under warranty and my DME provider just mailed me the spring and a shipping list, nothing else. I guess I'm supposed to do it myself. Either way, I don't think I have the tools to take it apart.....

Quote Originally Posted by juniorsenior View Post
    How do I replace a torsion spring for my scissor brake? I received a new one under warranty and my DME provider just mailed me the spring and a shipping list, nothing else. I guess I'm supposed to do it myself. Either way, I don't think I have the tools to take it apart.....
    I have instructions on how to change the spring however, I'm having problems posting it to the thread. Can you PM me with your email address and I'll forward you the instructions. Also, your dealer will need to order you the scissorlock spring tool (HD100390). Since your scissorlock is under warrant, it should be a no charge item.

Hi TiLite, I am interested in purchasing a TR3, however, last Fall when my DME contacted TiLite about bringing a demo he was told that he must carry Permobil chairs at the same time. He was offended by this. Now that Permobil owns TiLite has that policy changed?