Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    I would like to hear information about what the process is at TiLite when you create a CAD drawing, and what determines if the configuration is stable. We went through 4 CAD drawings because we were told on the CAD drawing "Chair does not meet TiLite's minimum stability requirements, may result in forward tippy chair."

We were not given any information about what would make the chair less forward tippy and went through a process of elimination until we no longer received that notice. It was really a guessing game, and we ended up not getting some options we would have liked to have, e.g., Froglegs forks.

It would be helpful to know how you test for stability, and if possible, to have a process put in place to make suggestions for fixing issues like this. Our dealer was not in any way able to help us on this, and it would be really useful coming directly from TiLite.
    Thank you for your feedback!! This seems to make a lot of sense. I've forwarded this information/request on to our head of Customer Service and Production Engineering. We'll see how we can improve this process. Thanks again for the feedback. We always like to hear from the end users and Dealers on how we can make things easier/better. Thanks again.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Request about TiLite Stock Codes

I know that this request is asking quite a lot, but I think it's worth letting you know that some customers might find it useful. I also realize that it will go on a long "wish-list", because I know how much work it would entail, because I work with database content management and PLM systems.

I would like to have an easy way to find out what parts (stock codes) were used for our TiLite chairs. Although there is the Serial Number look-up, I have yet to find a way to match the codes in the Serial Number look-up to the stock codes. It would be nice if an extension could be added to the Serial Number look-up to reference, or better yet, link directly to the stock codes that were used.

What I end up doing now is trying to search through the e-parts store until I find what I think is correct by comparing drawings with photo's and measurements. I can imagine it's hard to keep the e-parts store up-to-date, and some times that the drawings are out-of-date, but having some sort of list of the stock codes used would save a lot of time.

Some examples of when I have needed this was when I was trying to figure out what anti-tips parts and forks we had and when I am trying to replace fasteners.

We do all of our own maintenance and also modifications to the chairs, and do not want to rely on dealers, who usually don't have any more information than we do, and are very expensive. I would prefer to spend the money on the parts, and not on dealers and travel time a few hours away.

Thanks for considering this.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    Request about TiLite Stock Codes

I know that this request is asking quite a lot, but I think it's worth letting you know that some customers might find it useful. I also realize that it will go on a long "wish-list", because I know how much work it would entail, because I work with database content management and PLM systems.

I would like to have an easy way to find out what parts (stock codes) were used for our TiLite chairs. Although there is the Serial Number look-up, I have yet to find a way to match the codes in the Serial Number look-up to the stock codes. It would be nice if an extension could be added to the Serial Number look-up to reference, or better yet, link directly to the stock codes that were used.

What I end up doing now is trying to search through the e-parts store until I find what I think is correct by comparing drawings with photo's and measurements. I can imagine it's hard to keep the e-parts store up-to-date, and some times that the drawings are out-of-date, but having some sort of list of the stock codes used would save a lot of time.

Some examples of when I have needed this was when I was trying to figure out what anti-tips parts and forks we had and when I am trying to replace fasteners.

We do all of our own maintenance and also modifications to the chairs, and do not want to rely on dealers, who usually don't have any more information than we do, and are very expensive. I would prefer to spend the money on the parts, and not on dealers and travel time a few hours away.

Thanks for considering this.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely forward this information on to our IT and Marketing folks to see how/if this can be done easily. We are working on several large projects right now but this may be something we could do in the future. Thanks again and keep the ideas coming.

Aero Z frame

I've had my Aero Z not quite 2 years, Since January the DME has had to replace the caster fork (I think that's the part name) because they keep seizing up...most recently it lasted 3 weeks before seizing up. It only seizes up on the right side. The DME commented a while ago that my frame was bent a little but said it wasn't an issue. I'm wondering if it is an issue and causing the one side of caster to seize up? When I'm not in chair, the right caster doesn't touch the floor and that's the side with the issues.

Any advice? The DME doesn't seem to listen, just tell me it's my fault for things breaking...they assume everyone jumps curbs - even if you have anti-tippers and heavy expensive power assist wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by sledgrl View Post
    I've had my Aero Z not quite 2 years, Since January the DME has had to replace the caster fork (I think that's the part name) because they keep seizing up...most recently it lasted 3 weeks before seizing up. It only seizes up on the right side. The DME commented a while ago that my frame was bent a little but said it wasn't an issue. I'm wondering if it is an issue and causing the one side of caster to seize up? When I'm not in chair, the right caster doesn't touch the floor and that's the side with the issues.

Any advice? The DME doesn't seem to listen, just tell me it's my fault for things breaking...they assume everyone jumps curbs - even if you have anti-tippers and heavy expensive power assist wheels.
    It sounds like something has come out of adjustment and it should go back through your Dealer (or a different Dealer if you are not happy with your current one). You could also give us a call at 1-800-545-2266 and we can see if we can help via phone. If that doesn't work we can get a TiLite rep involved too.

What is the lowest possible rear seat height on the Aero T with 25 inch wheels? From your earlier post about what else affects that, lets just say 2 degrees camber, 2.5 inches dump, and 3 inches COG.

I had emailed and spoke with someone quite a long time ago and they got back with me saying they would contact the development team or something like that, but then nothing more. Anything in the plans for development of an on-the-fly adjustable back hinge like Quickie and Ki have available? (Icon being another with available on-the-fly back angle adjustment)
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    What is the lowest possible rear seat height on the Aero T with 25 inch wheels?
    15.5" per http://tilite.com/documents/order-fo...Lite_AeroT.pdf

Well that sucks then. Thats the same as my chair now which is too high. Guess my best bet is the Icon! I hadn't seen that form before, just online forms on vendor sites which just let you select rsh, and so it would allow me to select 14.5 but I remembered reading somewhere that it wasn't necessarily accurate. Guess now I know.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Chair tipping forward...this for me has sort of become insane. I probably have more mobility than others on here, but I think my chair is a matter of 2 things. 1 I simply sit very far forward when reaching for various things. 2 I think, although still like the chair, is the weight of whatever being picked up. I think the weight of what ever being picked up + position of overall body weight is greater than 50% when past COG of the front wheels. This ends up in catapult very fast. I do end up pissed, however it gives me unexpected practice getting up onto chair. Have not yet been hurt, but have been stuck in places like between wall and toilet. Have gotten far better getting up, but wonder if will really hurt myself or get walking first. This not a complaint, just information. I do like to push things to the extreme and usually not scared to keep pushing.

I'm not sure if this help, because it is an AeroZ mono-tube, but it says you can have a RSH of 14.5” with 25".

I also seem to recall a post where someone, maybe Chasmengr or Stepehen212, had a RSH configured lower than what the order form said, but I also don't remember what chair. Unfortunately, I can't find the post, because I still struggle with searching on the new forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Lin View Post
    What is the lowest possible rear seat height on the Aero T with 25 inch wheels?
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).