Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    One of my main wheels is getting a little loose. I am wondering about bearing maintenance - how often should the wheel bearing be replaced. does tilite sell the parts and
    is this something a bike shop or a machine shop can do?
    Bearing maintenance depends on the user, the environment and how active you are. The fact that you are questioning it probably means it is time. Yes, TiLite sells the parts and it is something that a bike shop or dealer can do. I'm attaching our link to our dealer locator from our web site. A TiLite dealer can quickly and easily take care of this for you. The Dealer Locator link is under Customer Care. Hope this helps. Keep on roll'n. http://www.tilite.com/
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

TiLite,

A few questions.

• On a TR3, what is the lowest rear seat height configuration one can have with 24" wheels without having to mount the camber tube on top of the bottom frame?
    • Are camber tubes cut to specification, or are there instances where spacers have to be used? My TR3 is 17" wide and was configured to come with a camber tube that allowed .75" wheel clearance. I was under the supposition that the tube would be cut to that specification without the need for spacers at the end. Is this not the case?
    Last edited by ResonantEcho; 04-28-2014 at 08:03 PM.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Quote Originally Posted by ResonantEcho View Post
    TiLite,

A few questions.

• On a TR3, what is the lowest rear seat height configuration one can have for 24" wheels without having to mount the camber tube on top of the bottom frame?
    • Are camber tubes cut to specification, or are there instances where spacers have to be used? My TR3 is 17" wide and was configured to come with a camber tube that allowed .75" wheel clearance. I was under the supposition that the tube would be cut to that specification without the need for spacers at the end. Is this not the case?
    We currently do not mount the camber tube on the top of the TR3s. We used to do that on the TR2s, but no longer.

On the new TR3 order form it lists the lowest rear seat height to be 14.5" however, there are some instances where it can be lower but it is based on a case by case basis.

I saw your thread regarding your camber tube issue. I responded but you may not have seen it. What I said was if you ordered side guards or armrests, this could result in using the spacers. We'd be happy to take a look at your order and see if we can help resolve this. If you want to private message me with your serial number we can pull your file and take a look at it and see what we can do.

Hope this helps. Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    We have four axle lengths:
    CP100141 - 4.250 - 4.475"
    Is this one available in titanium?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Is this one available in titanium?
    Sorry. It is not.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    On the new TR3 order form it lists the lowest rear seat height to be 14.5" however, there are some instances where it can be lower but it is based on a case by case basis.
    This is interesting. I'm considering a TiLite for my next chair (more likely a ZRA than a TR), and getting a lower RSH would be a huge boon for me. Are you able to offer any guidance as to the circumstances in which a rear seat height lower than the order form allows is permissible? Is it mainly to do with axle position/COG and dump, or perhaps it's a whole super-complicated interplay of umpteen different specs with one another that can't really be simplified into words?

Quote Originally Posted by QTiPi View Post
    This is interesting. I'm considering a TiLite for my next chair (more likely a ZRA than a TR), and getting a lower RSH would be a huge boon for me. Are you able to offer any guidance as to the circumstances in which a rear seat height lower than the order form allows is permissible? Is it mainly to do with axle position/COG and dump, or perhaps it's a whole super-complicated interplay of umpteen different specs with one another that can't really be simplified into words?
    For the TR, the rear seat height depends on seat slope, center of gravity, camber, rear wheel size, and rear frame type. Having a round rear frame allows greater flexibility with the manufacturability. On the ZRA, the RSH is limited by the same factors, except for the frame type (as there is only one), but also by the mounting hardware which cannot be changed. The best option would be to request a CAD drawing of the spec’d out chair, that way all factors can be accounted for, keeping in mind that the ZRA has much greater adjustability than the TR, but at the cost of rigidity. Hope this helps.

Oh wow that back with pockets is a GREAT idea!!! Is that a new option? And as for customer service and getting great advice, let me put this out there...I have felt in the dark my whole life about any of this, and probably have never had a chair spec'd out entirely properly. TiLite is the best company I've ever worked with, and has been incredibly patient with me. I think sometimes we can put blame on chairs, and companies and providers, and not realize the responsibility that we bear. I'm a TiLite fan for life.

I would like to hear information about what the process is at TiLite when you create a CAD drawing, and what determines if the configuration is stable. We went through 4 CAD drawings because we were told on the CAD drawing "Chair does not meet TiLite's minimum stability requirements, may result in forward tippy chair."

We were not given any information about what would make the chair less forward tippy and went through a process of elimination until we no longer received that notice. It was really a guessing game, and we ended up not getting some options we would have liked to have, e.g., Froglegs forks.

It would be helpful to know how you test for stability, and if possible, to have a process put in place to make suggestions for fixing issues like this. Our dealer was not in any way able to help us on this, and it would be really useful coming directly from TiLite.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by heartdog View Post
    Oh wow that back with pockets is a GREAT idea!!! Is that a new option? And as for customer service and getting great advice, let me put this out there...I have felt in the dark my whole life about any of this, and probably have never had a chair spec'd out entirely properly. TiLite is the best company I've ever worked with, and has been incredibly patient with me. I think sometimes we can put blame on chairs, and companies and providers, and not realize the responsibility that we bear. I'm a TiLite fan for life.
    Yes, the back pocket on the backrest is new. It is available with our AIR breathable back upholstery. Glad you like it. Thank you for your kind comments about TiLite. I'll let the other folks here at TiLite know of your kind words. We appreciate hearing them.