Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

Dear TiLite, today VA Omaha ordered Q292769_D (per Jason Valery). The chair is for me.

It's a pretty custom TR3 (can you say "TiFit"?), with an ergo seat, double cambertubes (with different cambers), a single swivel caster anti-tipper, mixed color anodizing (perhaps - up to the VA - USCG edition), squared-off flip-back footrest, frame length customized to meet specified backrest-to-footrest distance, special caster-fork configuration, etc..

My current chair is an AeroZ1 modified extensively by me to incorporate nearly all the above features (notably, not the double axle); measurements for this TR3 were taken from my modified AeroZ, which fits superbly.

I suspect it's one of the more complex/custom chairs you've built. I am eager to eventually see pictures of its progress during fabrication. If you find such picture taking feasible, please do so. And, if VA doesn't object, please post them on your Facebook page (or elsewhere).

Thanks
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Dear TiLite, today VA Omaha ordered Q292769_D (per Jason Valery). The chair is for me.

It's a pretty custom TR3 (can you say "TiFit"?), with an ergo seat, double cambertubes (with different cambers), a single swivel caster anti-tipper, mixed color anodizing (perhaps - up to the VA - USCG edition), squared-off flip-back footrest, frame length customized to meet specified backrest-to-footrest distance, special caster-fork configuration, etc..

My current chair is an AeroZ1 modified extensively by me to incorporate nearly all the above features (notably, not the double axle); measurements for this TR3 were taken from my modified AeroZ, which fits superbly.

I suspect it's one of the more complex/custom chairs you've built. I am eager to eventually see pictures of its progress during fabrication. If you find such picture taking feasible, please do so. And, if VA doesn't object, please post them on your Facebook page (or elsewhere).

Thanks
    Can you get me TiLite's sales order number for the chair? (You can get this from your Dealer.) We don't use any user's name or Dealer's purchase order numbers in production. We track the chairs using TiLite's sales order number and/or a job number once it is in production. Thanks.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

311133 ?
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    311133 ?
    Thanks. I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    Thanks. I'll see what I can do.
    Thanks
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    The footrest and backrest have options for both aluminum and titanium. The camber tube clamps (axle housings) are aluminum, the camber tubes are carbon fiber and aluminum; the cross tubes are aluminum and the forks are aluminum.
    Why aren't the cross tubes titanium? That's the weakest part of a folder and how come wheelchair manufacturers have never heard of the word "gusset"?

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Why aren't the cross tubes titanium? That's the weakest part of a folder and how come wheelchair manufacturers have never heard of the word "gusset"?
    The number one reason we don't use titanium in the cross tubes is cost. We can design the aluminum extrusion to provide the strength we need without the expense of titanium and still keep the weight down. As for the gusset question; we use gussets on several of our chairs (2GX, Aero X, TX, and on all of our fixed back chairs).

I have 5" Z2fw22 perf billet softroll casters. what bearings do they use? it says R6RS but can't find anything similar is this a 5/16 608???

Also can I replace the wheels with the 5"x1 frog epic aluminum firm roll wheel?

You won't find it on their website, but Frog Legs offers at least some their casters with R6 bearings that will fit TiLite caster axles. I discussed this with them just this week.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    You won't find it on their website, but Frog Legs offers at least some their casters with R6 bearings that will fit TiLite caster axles. I discussed this with them just this week.
    So if the bearings fit the ti-lite caster axles they might just work? I really like the three spoke design of the frog leg, easier to clean I'm sure plus they look a lot better than what I have now.