Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

Thank you wheeliecoach for your suggestions. For the longest time I kept thinking maybe it was the kind of hand lotion or soap that I was using which was leaving a residue on the metal. But after searching on the internet, I agree?.time to replace the hand rims.

Re: soft rolls, I will try loosening the wheels as you suggest, meanwhile TiLite is sending replacement bearings as I may have just gotten a bad set.
    Last edited by Blue Dog; 04-17-2015 at 12:53 AM. Reason: would like to reply with quote

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    Blue Dog - I'm sorry for the confusion. The response you are referring to was not from TiLite. Our customer service manager has contacted you and spoken directly to you and we think we have things squared away now. Hope all is well in your world. You can contact the manager directly if you have further questions. Thanks.
    My sincere apology to TiLite for making some wrong assumptions and in particular for assuming that t8burst was representing TiLite. I would like to explain how that happened.

The first post on this thread comes from TiLite which says, "Great idea! TiLite is happy to be part of the new Manufacturer & Vendor Forum! Since this is a new forum and a new opportunity for us - We would like to know what the topics you would like TiLite to talk about here."

Based on that opening post I wrongly assumed that each manufacturer/vendor was responsible for moderating their own thread that CareCure was offering under Manufacturer and Vendors Forum.

Then when t8burst responded to my post, his name came up with the title "moderator". I again wrongly assumed he was moderator of this particular thread thus representing TiLite or representing CareCure as a moderator. He has since explained that he is moderator for one or two other threads on this forum, so apparently his title automatically follows him regardless of the thread that he posts to vs being identified as just another member when he is not in the moderator role. He has clarified that he does not represent TiLite, and that he was commenting as an individual to my post.

I confess that I also thought that TiLite's lack of response to my emails was due to Permobile having bought TiLite out and that TiLite's customer service was now less than it used to be. Glad to report, that due to my post on CareCure, Mark Westphal did contact me and he was very helpful. He agreed with the information I found on the internet that the coating has probably worn off the aluminum thus causing the black hands. There is no amount of cleaning the rims that will correct this and the only solution is to replace the push rims. As for the bearings, Mark offered to send replacements as I may have gotten a bad set with the soft rolls.

So yes all is better in my world, and thank you TiLite for responding to my concerns, and thank you CareCure for providing this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    I moderate the Veteran's an Pain forum not the equipment forum. I responded not as a representative of Care Cure OR TiLite (I own one of their chairs but in no way speak for them except as a customer) but simply as a member of the community.

Again I have no relation to TiLite at all.
    [/FONT][/COLOR]
    It is a public forum. I have no love or hate for TiLite, but as someone who has done some customer service in the past people you fall into the group of people who will complain about anything. If you want to get a reasonable response from any company possibly consider that complaining about things like wet grass sticks to something is not going to get your email taken seriously.
    Thank you for clarifying your role when you first responded to my post. Obviously I didn't understand how this forum is set up and functions. I have posted my apology to TiLite for the wrong conclusion that I made about your representing them. I know a thing about customer service, and kindness is one of the first principles.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
    My sincere apology to TiLite for making some wrong assumptions and in particular for assuming that t8burst was representing TiLite. I would like to explain how that happened.

The first post on this thread comes from TiLite which says, "Great idea! TiLite is happy to be part of the new Manufacturer & Vendor Forum! Since this is a new forum and a new opportunity for us - We would like to know what the topics you would like TiLite to talk about here."

Based on that opening post I wrongly assumed that each manufacturer/vendor was responsible for moderating their own thread that CareCure was offering under Manufacturer and Vendors Forum.

Then when t8burst responded to my post, his name came up with the title "moderator". I again wrongly assumed he was moderator of this particular thread thus representing TiLite or representing CareCure as a moderator. He has since explained that he is moderator for one or two other threads on this forum, so apparently his title automatically follows him regardless of the thread that he posts to vs being identified as just another member when he is not in the moderator role. He has clarified that he does not represent TiLite, and that he was commenting as an individual to my post.

I confess that I also thought that TiLite's lack of response to my emails was due to Permobile having bought TiLite out and that TiLite's customer service was now less than it used to be. Glad to report, that due to my post on CareCure, Mark Westphal did contact me and he was very helpful. He agreed with the information I found on the internet that the coating has probably worn off the aluminum thus causing the black hands. There is no amount of cleaning the rims that will correct this and the only solution is to replace the push rims. As for the bearings, Mark offered to send replacements as I may have gotten a bad set with the soft rolls.

So yes all is better in my world, and thank you TiLite for responding to my concerns, and thank you CareCure for providing this forum.
    I'm glad everything got squared away. Communication is a wonderful thing. Thanks for your clarify post to the Forum. Keep on roll'n.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post

I'm glad everything got squared away. Communication is a wonderful thing. Thanks for your clarifying post to the Forum. CareCure has been a great resources for many of us. If you ever have questions, feel free to call our Customer Service Department at 1-800-545-2266. We're here to help. Keep on roll'n.

Any word on the new TX Series 2 wheelchair? Specs and pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by BriRi View Post
    Any word on the new TX Series 2 wheelchair? Specs and pics would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Thank you for your interest in the TX Series 2! Unfortunately, we are not able to post any pictures or specifications at this time. However, we will be sure to post links on this thread to materials as they are released so please tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by BriRi View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Here is a little more info on the TX2. Hope you enjoy it. Stay tuned for release date.
    http://www.tilite.com/chairs_tx_teaser.php

Are the cross braces, foot rest, back rest, forks, rear axle housings Titanium or aluminum?

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad View Post
    Are the cross braces, foot rest, back rest, forks, rear axle housings Titanium or aluminum?
    The footrest and backrest have options for both aluminum and titanium. The camber tube clamps (axle housings) are aluminum, the camber tubes are carbon fiber and aluminum; the cross tubes are aluminum and the forks are aluminum.