Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

I just recently purchased a ZR after using a TR for about 8 years and I like the new chair but am curious why my ZR is 2 pounds heavier and I sit higher when all the measurements are pretty much the same. The vender that I purchased it from told me that the frame is different so that is why the chair feels so much different to me. I am having problems transferring in and out of my car because the chair is higher. Could you please let me know if anything was changed and how I could remedy the problems that I am having. The only thing I can think of is that the center of gravity is different and the seat to footplate is different, but does this change the height of my chair? TR serial# 49791 and the ZR serial# 11956828

Quote Originally Posted by lisamae4 View Post
    I just recently purchased a ZR after using a TR for about 8 years and I like the new chair but am curious why my ZR is 2 pounds heavier and I sit higher when all the measurements are pretty much the same. The vender that I purchased it from told me that the frame is different so that is why the chair feels so much different to me. I am having problems transferring in and out of my car because the chair is higher. Could you please let me know if anything was changed and how I could remedy the problems that I am having. The only thing I can think of is that the center of gravity is different and the seat to footplate is different, but does this change the height of my chair? TR serial# 49791 and the ZR serial# 11956828
    What do you mean by "pretty much the same"? Also, is your cushion thicker than prior one?
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

TiLite Order Forms

I just went to look for a TiLite Order Form and noticed that they are no longer on the TiLite website. Is this temporary or will they no longer be available?

Although The EZ-Ti Online System is really good, it really helps to have a PDF order form where all options and prices are listed for comparison. Although we are not buying a new chair now, when we do this information will be required by us. How we purchase chairs is to negotiate a budget with the government based on requirements. We then shop internationally with multiple vendors to make the most out of our budget. Not having this information would make it very time consuming and difficult when it comes to ordering options. When we go to order a new chair, if we are on the edge of ordering a TiLite or another manufacturer that supplies this information, it may be enough to push us in that direction.

I can imagine that the order forms are hard to keep up, but they are useful for many of us, especially those who pay out-of-pocket partially or fully or have different methods of funding as we do. As a suggestion if you are not wanting to keep-up the order forms is to have an option to select all options and get a print/PDF with MSRP prices.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    I just went to look for a TiLite Order Form and noticed that they are no longer on the TiLite website. Is this temporary or will they no longer be available?

Although The EZ-Ti Online System is really good, it really helps to have a PDF order form where all options and prices are listed for comparison. Although we are not buying a new chair now, when we do this information will be required by us. How we purchase chairs is to negotiate a budget with the government based on requirements. We then shop internationally with multiple vendors to make the most out of our budget. Not having this information would make it very time consuming and difficult when it comes to ordering options. When we go to order a new chair, if we are on the edge of ordering a TiLite or another manufacturer that supplies this information, it may be enough to push us in that direction.

I can imagine that the order forms are hard to keep up, but they are useful for many of us, especially those who pay out-of-pocket partially or fully or have different methods of funding as we do. As a suggestion if you are not wanting to keep-up the order forms is to have an option to select all options and get a print/PDF with MSRP prices.
    PDF order forms have not disappeared.

Name:  TiLite PDFs.jpg
Views: 502
Size:  41.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post

I see you are in the Netherlands. Unfortunately TiLite does not control international pricing so we do not publish PDF order forms internationally with pricing. You will need to contact your Dealer. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

The only thing that TiLite will accomplish by this is annoying customers and potential customers to use a proxy server or VPN. Providing MSRP in US dollars is fully under the control of TiLite and does not imply any control of international pricing by TiLite. To imply anything else is complete rubbish.

For anyone else international being blocked from the order forms if you search for "web proxy" you will find many servers that you can use to view the TiLite order forms.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    I see you are in the Netherlands. Unfortunately TiLite does not control international pricing so we do not publish PDF order forms internationally with pricing. You will need to contact your Dealer. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Yes they have if you are in a country that they have blocked the IP Address. Also TiLite's EZ-Ti Online System blocks prices.

The only thing these kind of tactics do is annoy international customers. We had a situation that a local dealer was using an old order form, and I would have not known about some options if I had not been able to check the latest US order form.

Because of TiLite's policy of only going through local dealers, many internationals buy online and ship via another address. Especially with the demise of titanium chairs in the US, because of the loss of K0009 coding, I find this especially short sighted of TiLite to limit that market even more internationally.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    PDF order forms have not disappeared.
    Last edited by elarson; 03-20-2015 at 04:54 AM.

Beware of TiLite Customer Service

Feb 23, 2015 I sent customer service (customerservice@tilite.com) an email. See Below.

Feb 25, I re-send the same email and request confirmation of email?.. "I would appreciate confirmation that you received my email and that a response will be forthcoming. Thank you."

March 2, not having received confirmation or a response to my email, I called customer service to confirm that my email had in deed been received. First, she could not find my emails, then with my help she finally found one of them. She could not confirm that the emails had been forwarded to customer service. Then she wanted my phone number. My response was "no, you don't need my phone number, when you forward the emails to customer service tell them I want a response by email". She would not give me the name or phone number of a specific person that I could call who could address my concerns.

April 12, and I have NEVER had a response from TiLite.

Below is my initial email request for assistance?.

Hello Customer Service,

This is regarding the above identified ZR wheelchair and issues that I am having.

On a regular ongoing basis my hands are getting grey/black from the hand rims. I have cleaned and wiped off the hand rims, and it continues to happen. It is very embarrassing to always have my hands dirty. It is not the same as getting the hands dirty from grabbing part of the tire, it is definitely coming off the hand rim. Can you explain why and what I can do about it? Do I need to replace the hand rims or is there another solution???

Last Spring I ordered "soft rolls tires" to replace the ones that originally came with my chair. I really liked those soft rolls!!
    Apparently you discontinued the ones that I initially had on, and the dealer accepted the ones that you were providing at the time. When they were put on they did not spin in place AT ALL, zilch, zero spin. I was always under the impression that the front wheels should spin freely when off the ground and the longer they spinned the better it was and an indication of good bearings etc.

I want my front wheels to spin so that when I am putting my chair in the car, I can spin them and while they spin I can put my finger on them and remove snow, sand and dirt outside of my car instead of having it all carried into my car where the snow melts and drips on to my upholstery. Can you tell me, did I get a bad set and why there is no spin to them????

The ones you provided are a pain in the butt for another reason. Wet leaves and grass cling to them like a magnet, and I have to run my hand or a rag over the them to get the stuff off and in order to not have it fall off once I am in the house. JUST SAYING you had a great product with the soft rolls, and what you replaced them with is not a great product and I don't like them at all. They feel different too when rolling.

Finally I might as well complain about the upholstery replacement that I got at the same time as I when I ordered my new front wheels. The back upholstery was not a nice fit to my chair at all as it had wrinkles in it and excess material. We measured it to make sure we ordered and received the right size but the fit was sloppy and sloppy looking. Considering that TiLite advertises how each chair is "made to measure, optimally fitted, ultimate of customization, best fitting, best looking, classy and sleek," I was very disappointed with the replacement back upholstery that I received because it was not and is not a classy sleek fit.

Please don't get me wrong, I REALLY like my Ti Chair, am glad that I got one, and would get one again in a heart beat!!! However, not so sure about replacement parts.

Sincerely,

So you expect TiLite to:

1. have some magic way to keep your hands from getting dirty? Wear gloves.
    2. You had some third party put on wheels incorrectly and want TiLite to do what? Magically correct that? Make wheels so it is impossible for morons to install incorrectly?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dog View Post
    Feb 23, 2015 I sent customer service (customerservice@tilite.com) an email. See Below.

Feb 25, I re-send the same email and request confirmation of email?.. "I would appreciate confirmation that you received my email and that a response will be forthcoming. Thank you."

March 2, not having received confirmation or a response to my email, I called customer service to confirm that my email had in deed been received. First, she could not find my emails, then with my help she finally found one of them. She could not confirm that the emails had been forwarded to customer service. Then she wanted my phone number. My response was "no, you don't need my phone number, when you forward the emails to customer service tell them I want a response by email". She would not give me the name or phone number of a specific person that I could call who could address my concerns.

April 12, and I have NEVER had a response from TiLite.

Below is my initial email request for assistance?.

Hello Customer Service,

This is regarding the above identified ZR wheelchair and issues that I am having.

On a regular ongoing basis my hands are getting grey/black from the hand rims. I have cleaned and wiped off the hand rims, and it continues to happen. It is very embarrassing to always have my hands dirty. It is not the same as getting the hands dirty from grabbing part of the tire, it is definitely coming off the hand rim. Can you explain why and what I can do about it? Do I need to replace the hand rims or is there another solution???

Last Spring I ordered "soft rolls tires" to replace the ones that originally came with my chair. I really liked those soft rolls!!
    Apparently you discontinued the ones that I initially had on, and the dealer accepted the ones that you were providing at the time. When they were put on they did not spin in place AT ALL, zilch, zero spin. I was always under the impression that the front wheels should spin freely when off the ground and the longer they spinned the better it was and an indication of good bearings etc.

I want my front wheels to spin so that when I am putting my chair in the car, I can spin them and while they spin I can put my finger on them and remove snow, sand and dirt outside of my car instead of having it all carried into my car where the snow melts and drips on to my upholstery. Can you tell me, did I get a bad set and why there is no spin to them????

The ones you provided are a pain in the butt for another reason. Wet leaves and grass cling to them like a magnet, and I have to run my hand or a rag over the them to get the stuff off and in order to not have it fall off once I am in the house. JUST SAYING you had a great product with the soft rolls, and what you replaced them with is not a great product and I don't like them at all. They feel different too when rolling.

Finally I might as well complain about the upholstery replacement that I got at the same time as I when I ordered my new front wheels. The back upholstery was not a nice fit to my chair at all as it had wrinkles in it and excess material. We measured it to make sure we ordered and received the right size but the fit was sloppy and sloppy looking. Considering that TiLite advertises how each chair is "made to measure, optimally fitted, ultimate of customization, best fitting, best looking, classy and sleek," I was very disappointed with the replacement back upholstery that I received because it was not and is not a classy sleek fit.

Please don't get me wrong, I REALLY like my Ti Chair, am glad that I got one, and would get one again in a heart beat!!! However, not so sure about replacement parts.

Sincerely,

REALLY, this is your response as a Forum and TiLite Moderator and a representative of TiLite???? OMG, TiLite has a more serious customer service problem than I thought.

Your sarcasm is not appreciated and certainly does not help the image of TiLite. If you wish to make snide remarks as an individual representing yourself on this forum that is one thing, but responding as a forum moderator I find your response demeaning and rude.

By posting on this forum I was giving TiLite a 4th chance to respond, and what I got was your nastiness. Shame on you and TiLite for the kind of response that I received.

Re: your third party comment, my insurance requires me to go thru my DME, they have been around for a long time, I have never had problems with their work in the past. I don't know what might have gone wrong when they put the wheels on as I don't have expertise in this area. I did complain about the wheels not turning, and got no response. Helpful advice or direction from you would have been beneficial.

With over 45 years of using a chair I think I have figured out when I need to wear gloves and when not to wear gloves. Wearing gloves "inside my house" is not an option!! In case you did not know, wearing gloves is not conducive to good health when cooking and handling food such as peeling potatoes or boiled eggs, making burger patties, kneading homemade bread, caring for a baby, etc etc etc.

Having gone thru several chairs in my lifetime, I have never experienced hands getting dirty as they do with these particular hand rims. I can clean the hand rims, push thirty feet on hard wood floors and my hands will be black from only touching the push rims. There have been other posts on this and other forums with people complaining about the same situation.

TiLite could have looked up my chair's serial #, and seen that I have aluminum hand rims. With that knowledge they could have advised me that the grey/black matter coming off the hand rim is most likely due to the aluminum shedding a fine black dust possibly due the anodization having worn off thus the oxidization is causing black dust which causes the hands to get black. However I still do not know if I need to simply replace my hand rims, or find someone who can anodize them again.

After much research on the internet I found the following references to this problem.

Aluminum Anodized Handrims?...https://mobilitybasics.ca/wheelchairs/handrims

Aluminum handrims are by far the most common handrims and are usually standard equipment on many wheelchair models. Because aluminum is a dirty material and will continually shed a fine black dust the manufacturers will have their aluminum handrims anodized to seal them and prevent the oxidization that causes the black dust.

And there is this post by IsMaisin 03-09-2013, 08:31 AM http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/archive.../t-144391.html
    Titanium weighs 4.5 grams per cubic centimeter.
    Aluminium weighs 2.7 grams.
    Steel weighs 7.9 grams.

Stronger metals need less thickness. That is why, in some applications, aluminum is capable of being lighter than steel. It is simply thinner. Titanium is not only light weight, but is also capable of being formed still thinner. Also, there are many different alloys of these metals and weight, strength, and resistance to oxidation vary by alloy.

The reason that Aluminum is dirty is that it forms a protective oxidized coat when it is exposed to air. The coat forms faster when exposed to water. The same thing happens to mild steel. You see this coat as a dullness in the aluminum. It shows up as very dark grey on your hands or gloves.

Anodizing aluminum is done by dipping it in a tank with an electrolyte and using an electrical current to pull some of the reagent into the surface of the aluminum. The color produced depends on the specific voltage used. This is commonly done to produce a colored surface but it also protects from oxidation. Titanium is also capable of being anodized, but fewer places do it. If you are working with a shop that specializes in anodizing, you can specify how deep you want the anodizing to go.

Anodizing and powder coating are both susceptible to scratches. Deep anodizing, which is not done by any chair manufacturer that I know of, would show fewer scratches but would still show the deep ones. Class III (Standard Commercial) anodizing is .1 mil deep, Class II is .4, and Class I is .7. Custom depths of greater thickness can be done.

You can continue to regularly polish aluminum to prevent the build up of oxidation and even polish out scratches, bit this is prohibitively laborious for something the size of a chair. You can also use a car wax to prevent oxidation after you have polished, this will save you having to re-polish the whole chair, you can just polish and re-wax the scratches. It's still a LOT of work.

If you don't like the scratches and don't want to spend much effort keeping them under control, your best bet is to apply an exterior protector over your scratch areas. Some people use adhesive chain stays, bicycle handlebar tape, or sew on leather.

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    So you expect TiLite to:

1. have some magic way to keep your hands from getting dirty? Wear gloves.
    2. You had some third party put on wheels incorrectly and want TiLite to do what? Magically correct that? Make wheels so it is impossible for morons to install incorrectly?