Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

I did not read all of this. To me, it sounds like they are implying the holding is on the rigidizer bar. I say this based on the saying of all the places you should not be holding. I think they basically do not want any holding onto any part that is removable from the frame.

See this post #27 for TiLite's response. They are implying just the opposite, that holding/lifting are only on the frame.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    I did not read all of this. To me, it sounds like they are implying the holding is on the rigidizer bar. I say this based on the saying of all the places you should not be holding. I think they basically do not want any holding onto any part that is removable from the frame.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

24" (507) Shadow Rear Wheel

In the TiLite Parts Manual, in Rear Wheels page 9-65 it shows a 24" (507) Knobby Wheel Assembly with a 24" (507 mm) Shadow Rear Wheel.

We've been looking for 507 wheels. When we bought the ZRA chair (SN 11926017) we would have ordered the 24" (507 mm) Shadow Rear Wheels if we knew it was possible, but they were and are not listed on the order forms for some reason.

I'm a little confused because when I contacted Out-Front a few months ago, I'm quite sure that they said they do not make a 507 wheel/rim.

Is there any chance we could swap our 540 Shadow wheels for a 507 Shadow wheels? If not, can we purchase just the rims and spokes so that we can re-spoke them ourselves.

Many thanks for any input you can provide.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by elarson View Post
    In the TiLite Parts Manual, in Rear Wheels page 9-65 it shows a 24" (507) Knobby Wheel Assembly with a 24" (507 mm) Shadow Rear Wheel.

We've been looking for 507 wheels. When we bought the ZRA chair (SN 11926017) we would have ordered the 24" (507 mm) Shadow Rear Wheels if we knew it was possible, but they were and are not listed on the order forms for some reason.

I'm a little confused because when I contacted Out-Front a few months ago, I'm quite sure that they said they do not make a 507 wheel/rim.

Is there any chance we could swap our 540 Shadow wheels for a 507 Shadow wheels? If not, can we purchase just the rims and spokes so that we can re-spoke them ourselves.

Many thanks for any input you can provide.
    If you order 24" knobby tires we put them on a 507 wheel. We do not list that on our order form due to potential confusion. The only rear wheel we offer the 507s with is the 24" Knobbys. Due to the length of time you have had your chair we will not be able to swap them out. We do not sell the rim separately. Sorry.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

They are out there somewhere. I don't remember seeing these before: http://www.sportaid.com/24-x-1.95-50...ar-wheels.html
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I have an Aero Z with flip up footrests as a backup chair. I would like to buy new footrest and tubing assembly. The footrest I want is the one with 2" sides (my feet migrate side to side like crazy). Is this footrest still provided by TiLite, if I call my vendor with serial # and dimensions should they be able to get quote from TiLite??

[QUOTE=ancientgimp;1758371]I have an Aero Z with flip up footrests as a backup chair. I would like to buy new footrest and tubing assembly. The footrest I want is the one with 2" sides (my feet migrate side to side like crazy). Is this footrest still provided by TiLite, if I call my vendor with serial # and dimensions should they be able to get quote from TiLite??[/QUOTE

Probably. We will need your serial number to be sure however.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    If you order 24" knobby tires we put them on a 507 wheel. We do not list that on our order form due to potential confusion. The only rear wheel we offer the 507s with is the 24" Knobbys. Due to the length of time you have had your chair we will not be able to swap them out. We do not sell the rim separately. Sorry.
    TiLite,

This is why users have no respect for the customer service at TiLite. Excuses like you have had your chair too long and we don't sell the rim separately make no sense at all. If you are dealing with a TiLite customer, you should be bending over backward to keep the user happy.

I bought a used Icon, and Jeff jumped through hoops to make sure that I was happy with a wheelchair that he did not even sell me. The "keep your DMEs happy" business model will not work forever, while "keep your customers happy" will.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Not to mention in elarson's case, have the wheels been used even once yet?! They use their spinergy wheels, the shadow's are backups.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    TiLite,

This is why users have no respect for the customer service at TiLite. Excuses like you have had your chair too long and we don't sell the rim separately make no sense at all. If you are dealing with a TiLite customer, you should be bending over backward to keep the user happy.

I bought a used Icon, and Jeff jumped through hoops to make sure that I was happy with a wheelchair that he did not even sell me. The "keep your DMEs happy" business model will not work forever, while "keep your customers happy" will.

I left Top End for this very reason after owning many chairs and handcycles from them over 30 years or since Chris was a one man operation however long ago that was. I just received my third Tilite last Friday and though it's a good quality chair, it makes me sick that I bought another one because of their customer service and "Go to a DME if you want parts". I felt I had little other option due to my insurance and though an Icon looks good, I didn't feel it would fit my needs.

When Marty Ball and the boys first started Tilite, they bent over backwards to please the customer. Course so did Quickie, Top End, E&J, Stainless and a few others til they got so big the bottom dollar mattered more than the customer.

I like the new chair but am disgusted I had to buy it from Tilite. If the service doesn't change this will definitely be my last Tilite; evenif I have to buy out of pocket.