Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

To be honest replies like that seem like a bit of a cop out, or an avoidance to answer certain questions. I know elarson is not the only person who would be interested in the answers to those questions. Why not answer to the best of your ability and if anyone has a more specific scenerio that needs discussed they could contact you directly. I'm sure no one would mind any long winded explanations here.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    I spoke to some folks here at TiLite and they said they thought it would be best if you private messaged us to see how best we can help you. You've asked a lot of questions that can lead to long winded explanations but we want to better understand what you are try to do so we can best advise you. Thanks.
    Really? So you won't answer any of the 1 -6 questions publicly?

How about the last one indicating that a reinforced frame might be required for various power add ons. It seems some of these might not need any special build consideration.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    I spoke to some folks here at TiLite and they said they thought it would be best if you private messaged us to see how best we can help you. You've asked a lot of questions that can lead to long winded explanations but we want to better understand what you are try to do so we can best advise you. Thanks.
    All of those questions should be able to be easily answered by your engineering staff. I don't see where any "long winded" explanations would be necessary. And private messaging? What could possibly be so sensitive that it couldn't be posted on the forum?

Tend to agree with ~Lin and nonoise. Sounds like a cop-out...

I think I might know an answer to one of those questions...and it would involve a good case of sticker shock . But I'll let TiLite change their mind and enlighten us on some things that I may be missing with my conclusion

As per TiLite's request I have resent this as a private message as follows. I find this convoluted that I need to do it in this way, but will be sure to post back with the response.

As mentioned in another post, the first 6 questions are the highest priority. I should think this information would be readily available from a product manager. Especially if you are making the warranty contingent on purchasing the different frame types, in my view you should be publishing the information so people know what they are paying for. Ideally this information would be available on your website as an FAQ or something similar.

Also people like to know this for maintenance. For example, we have the need for some new screws and are considering replacing them and others with zinc screws. If I knew that zinc screws were included with the reinforced frame, I will not replace those that do not need it yet.

The questions about specific products compatibility are because we own a Spinergy ZX-1 and a RioMobility Firefly and I want to be sure that we will not be compromising the frame warranty when using a Reinforced ZRA frame purchased with the Transit Tie Down option.

For the other products, I think it would be good to know for others considering purchasing them. They are all products that we considered purchasing or may consider purchasing in future.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Tilite,

Every few months the vertical bars supporting the footplate of my husband's ZRA slip down a few mm from its their point. I draw a circle around the top of the footplate bars with a silver sharpie after each adjustment. When we see it sink over 5-6mm, it's back to the shop. Gravity wins.
    Do you make a model with non-adjustable footplate bars? Can the current ones be welded, monkey glued, etc in place?

My experiences as a plumber revealed that water heater manufacturers sell the exact same heater with different labels showing different warranty periods. It's the identical product, but they just charge more to cover the expected failures. Of course they won't admit that publicly
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

My brother in the bicycle industry said something similar. I will try to be sensitive with what I learn about this, but I do think that we are entitled to know about the differences. Our dealer had no idea about the differences, and therefore we were almost denied the ability to get a reinforced frame for a power add-on. I had to fight hard for it, and I would like to know what it includes, regardless if it is just for warranty purposes. I can accept that, especially if they went through extra RESNA testing or it is to cover the expected failures due to power add-ons, and I think most people can.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    My experiences as a plumber revealed that water heater manufacturers sell the exact same heater with different labels showing different warranty periods. It's the identical product, but they just charge more to cover the expected failures. Of course they won't admit that publicly
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Quote Originally Posted by 2drwhofans View Post
    Tilite,

Every few months the vertical bars supporting the footplate of my husband's ZRA slip down a few mm from its their point. I draw a circle around the top of the footplate bars with a silver sharpie after each adjustment. When we see it sink over 5-6mm, it's back to the shop. Gravity wins.
    Do you make a model with non-adjustable footplate bars? Can the current ones be welded, monkey glued, etc in place?
    This should not be happening. Is the wedge in place? Have you examined the end of the frame tube? Is it cracked? By tightening the screw with an allen wrench and the wedge in place it should hold it in place.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Thanks for getting back to me. I had to wait until my husband was in bed before turning the chair upside down. The frame tubes are not cracked. The wedge and screw are in place.
    We just had this adjusted so it will probable stay in place a few months. Like I said its only less than a cm of movement at max. but it's still annoying.
    Can this be welded in place?
    The chair is 6 years old so we may be looking for a replacement soon. Does TiLite make a chair with fixed vertical bars and footplate ?