Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: TiLite Wheelchairs

mine was 1 of the orginals tilites but frame cracked they replace it with a tr and its supposedly like my orginal and we measured but the front sticks out past my legs makes transfers difficult my legs stick I think I get a new chair
    this is my second in 17 years

More comfortable. Easier to push. Easier to stop. Easier to load. Easier to store. Great idea TiLite

Thank You

Here's my new TR! Titanium frame, camber tube, axles, fork stems. Spinergy carbon blade rims. Roho carbon agility backrest. Custom carbon fiber footplate and seat pan. Weighs 27lbs

Ps. If you're looking for a cushion or backrest I have some brand new ones for sale

Last edited by Wills77; 12-10-2017 at 07:41 PM.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    ex pro-am motocross racer
    tilite aero z s2

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    What was your previous chair ?

You went with Ergo seating...
    Is this your first chair with Ergo seating? who talked you into an Ergo seat pan? talking of seat pans.. how did they do the seat pan for you?

I'm thinking of going with Ergo seating, do you have the cad drawings of your chair, would like to compare the angles with what i end up with.

Oh and... was this through insurance ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    Here's my new TR! Titanium frame, camber tube, axles, fork stems. Spinergy carbon blade rims. Roho carbon agility backrest. Custom carbon fiber footplate and seat pan. Weighs 27lbs

Ps. If you're looking for a cushion or backrest I have some brand new ones for sale

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    What was your previous chair ?

You went with Ergo seating...
    Is this your first chair with Ergo seating? who talked you into an Ergo seat pan? talking of seat pans.. how did they do the seat pan for you?

I'm thinking of going with Ergo seating, do you have the cad drawings of your chair, would like to compare the angles with what i end up with.

Oh and... was this through insurance ?
    My previous chair was a tilite aero z
    This is my first chair with an ergo seat. I demo'd some for about 20 minutes before deciding to go with it.
    I made the seat pan out of a piece of birch core carbon fiber that I got from dragon plate. I had it on my old chair but cut it in 2 pieces to work with the ergo seat. I'll get some pics of it for you.
    I have 2 different CAD drawings with the ergo seat but none with the specs that I ordered. I'll post them too
    No it wasn't through insurance. A great group of people at the Dauphin Home Association bought it for me.
    c6 inc since 2-19-11
    tilite aero z s2

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    I'm still on the fence about the Ergo thing, but leaning hard towards going that way.
    What would you say swung it for you ? was it for any particular issue ?
    Yeah would love to see pictures of what you ended up with for a seat pan.
    Let me know when you post the cad drawings, you don't have the drawing for the chair you ended up with ?
    Do you know what the total cost of the chair was.. approx... what you have is pretty much the setup I'm looking for.

Again cheers for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by Wills77 View Post
    My previous chair was a tilite aero z
    This is my first chair with an ergo seat. I demo'd some for about 20 minutes before deciding to go with it.
    I made the seat pan out of a piece of birch core carbon fiber that I got from dragon plate. I had it on my old chair but cut it in 2 pieces to work with the ergo seat. I'll get some pics of it for you.
    I have 2 different CAD drawings with the ergo seat but none with the specs that I ordered. I'll post them too
    No it wasn't through insurance. A great group of people at the Dauphin Home Association bought it for me.

How are you liking that backrest so far? Is it the minimum contour or the deeper one?

Nice digs man! I am liking the carbon Spinergy wheels. Kinda wish I went with them now that I see them, just worry about the abuse I put on my chairs, how they will hold up in winter (snow, slush, salt and ice) and the longevity of them! You will have to keep us apprised of how they hold up for you!

Thanks everyone! The ergo seat helped with my posture and how stable I feel. My old chair without ergo had the same 3" of dump but I always felt like my lower back was rounded/slouched and my butt was trying to slide forward. In my new chair I feel more planted in the seat and don't feel like I'm sliding forward. It was about $8500 going through a DME. Thats including a new cushion that didn't come yet.
    For backrests I've had Varilite icon, Matrx MX1 carbon, Adi carbon. My Roho agility carbon minimum contour is my favorite. The cushion stays in place, it doesn't squeak, easy to adjust, and it doesn't dig into my back or sides. I've been using it with the air insert but will try the foam insert eventually.

My seat pan is birch core carbon fiber held to the frame with velcro. I included pics of the flip up footplate and you can see my life mounts water bottle holder I got off amazon. You can also see the bar underneath of the chair that I grab while loading it into my car, I wrapped the stuff they use on baseball bats around it to give me some extra grip.

c6 inc since 2-19-11
    tilite aero z s2

Here are my 2 CAD drawings. Neither are my actual chair.
    If you take the 1st CAD and change the frame depth to 19.5" and move the under seat grab bar back a few inches, that's my chair.

In this CAD the seat height is .5 higher, 4" COG instead of 3.5, 4" castors instead of 5"

c6 inc since 2-19-11
    tilite aero z s2